SAN FRANCISCO, May 20, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global webcams market size is expected to reach USD 10.06 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 8.6% during the forecast period. Web cameras, popularly known as webcams, can be connected to laptops and desktops for real-time recording of happenings at any given location.
Key suggestions from the report:
- On the basis of technology, the digital segment is expected to register a CAGR of around 10.4% over the forecast period
- By product, although wireless webcams account for a smaller share, the segment is anticipated to exhibit the highest CAGR by 2025. More than 50 million units of wireless webcams were sold in 2017, worldwide
- In terms of end use, the live events segment is projected to account for over 25% of the global webcam market revenue by 2025
- Asia Pacific accounted for the largest volume share in 2017 and is anticipated to continue dominating the market over the forecast period
- Key players include Logitech; D-Link Systems, Inc.; Cisco Systems, Inc.; and Koninklijke Philips N.V., Inc. Key vendors are aiming to develop solutions compatible with the mobile technology owing to growing proliferation of smartphones worldwide.
Read 145 page research report with TOC on "Webcams Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis By Technology (Analog, Digital), By End Use, By Product (USB, Wireless), By Distribution Channel (Brick & Mortar, E-commerce), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/webcams-market
Real-time monitoring is one of the most important attributes of webcams. The devices are deployed with high-resolution digital cameras and semiconductor chips that capture images and record videos in detail. Growing need for security systems to apprehend burglars, trespassers, miscreants, and other antisocial elements in the society is anticipated to escalate demand for webcams.
Webcams are also widely used at workplaces to communicate with colleagues and professionals from distant locations. Video conferences with High Definition/4K videos have minimized need for face-to-face meetings, thereby reducing need for business travel. This has greatly contributed to cost savings among organizations.
The different benefits of webcam technology, such as streaming images and capturing live footages of patients for vital as well as prenatal care, have extended its scope in the healthcare sector. Telehealth technology offers consulting services to patients based in remote locations through video conferencing using laptops or mobile devices. Moreover, video conferencing can be used for providing expert medical advice from remote locations in critical cases and for chronic diseases.
Grand View Research has segmented the global webcam market based on product, technology, distribution channel, end use, and region:
- Webcam Product Outlook (Volume Million Units; Revenue USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Webcam Technology Outlook (Volume Million Units; Revenue USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Webcam Distribution Channel Outlook (Volume Million Units; Revenue USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Brick & Mortar
- Webcam End-use Outlook (Volume Million Units; Revenue USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Security & surveillance
- Live events
- Visual marketing
- Webcam Regional Outlook (Volume Million Units; Revenue USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Electronic Security Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Consumer Electronic Biometrics Market – Global Consumer electronic biometrics market is expected to witness significant growth over the next seven years on account of increasing demand of biometric technology in consumer electronics segment.
- Automatic Speech Recognition Applications Market – Global Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) market is expected to grow at a CAGR of above 15% over the forecast period. It may be primarily attributed to the increasing usage of advanced electronic devices.
- Man-Portable Communication Systems Market – Global Man-portable communication systems market is expected to exceed over USD 40 billion by 2022 owing to the increased demand in encryption devices such as GPS systems, smartphones
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.