SAN FRANCISCO, April 9, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global virtual prototype market size is estimated to reach USD 861.7 million by 2025, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 19.4% over the forecast period. Virtual prototyping tools enable faster product development, cost savings, and reduction in time to market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- North America held the largest market share in 2017, owing to high adoption from automotive, electronics, and telecom industries to enhance overall operational efficiency and to improve customer satisfaction through iterative product releases
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness robust growth in the global virtual prototype market owing to rapid growth of regional automotive, aviation, and consumer electronics industries
- Adoption of cloud-based virtual prototype tools is projected to witness growth over the forecast period due to high demand from small- and medium-scale companies aiming to curb implementation and infrastructure costs
- Key automobile manufacturers such as BMW, Mercedes, and Volkswagen among others utilize VP tools to design and test new vehicle models. Emergence of advanced vehicular technologies and growing adoption of Electric Vehicles (EV) are anticipated to further promote market growth
- Some of the key market players are Autodesk, Inc.; TWI Ltd.; Synopsys, Inc.; ESI Group; Carbon Design Systems Inc.; Cadence Design Systems, Inc.; Siemens PLM Software; and PTC.
Read 101 page research report with TOC on "Virtual Prototype (VP) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Tool (CAD, CAE, CAM, CFD, FEA), By Deployment (Cloud-based, On Premise), By Vertical, By Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/virtual-prototype-market
These benefits are driving the development and adoption of VP tools. Enterprises/industrial manufacturers are switching to VP from conventional physical testing of product models. Physical testing consumed additional time and incurred high costs in the event of failure. Virtual prototype solutions enable organizations to significantly improve the accuracy of product testing and to enhance ergonomics and usability. This factor is driving growth of the global virtual prototype market.
Furthermore, increasing adoption of consumer electronic products such as smartphones, tablets, printers, and home appliances is encouraging manufacturers to deploy virtual prototyping tools to meet the overall production demand. It is also encouraging them to introduce innovative products to compete with other market players and to enhance profitability. All these factors are anticipated to further propel expansion of the global market over the forecast period.
Virtual prototyping is a software-based engineering process that helps build, simulate, and test a prototype virtually by simulating real-world conditions. The integration of technologies such as Computer-Aided Design (CAD), simulation tools, and Virtual Reality (VR) into VP tools has enabled manufacturers to increase product affordability. Moreover, virtual prototype simulation also aids in efficient planning of production lines and factory layouts.
Virtual prototyping solutions have a significant demand from the healthcare sector where they are used for pre-operative planning and surgical simulation. The growth of construction industry is also anticipated to drive the market for virtual prototype over the forecast period owing to rising demand for design simulation of buildings and plants. Asia Pacific has the largest concentration of consumer electronics manufacturers. Evolving consumer trends encourage manufacturers to innovate and develop novel products, which is anticipated to spur the market growth. Moreover, high investments in R&D to develop innovative virtual prototype tools such as CAD tools for live simulation, error-free production, and cost reduction during manufacturing are expected to further propel the global virtual prototype market growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global Virtual Prototype (VP) market on the basis of tool, deployment, vertical, and region:
- Virtual Prototype Tool Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Computer-aided Design (CAD)
- Computer-aided Engineering (CAE)
- Computer-aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Virtual Prototype Deployment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Virtual Prototype Vertical Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Consumer Electronics
- Virtual Prototype Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
Find more research reports on Next Generation Technologies Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Storage Management Market– Rise in cloud-based systems in the recent past is presumed to complement the progress in storage management market growth over the forecast period.
- Welding Equipment Market – Global welding equipment market is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to growing demand for numerous application including offshore exploration, shipbuilding, oil & gas, automotive, aerospace, construction, and energy.
- Next Generation Network (NGN) Equipment Market – The global next generation network (NGN) equipment industry is anticipated to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.