SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global thermal spray coatings market is expected to reach USD 17.21 Billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2020 to 2027, according to a report published by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand from the aerospace, industrial gas turbines, and a few other application industries is expected to propel the growth. Moreover, growing demand for corrosion-resistant coatings from these sectors is expected to be a key driver for the market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Aerospace application segment led the thermal spray coatings market accounting with revenue share of 32.30% in 2019 and is projected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period
- U.S. is anticipated to exceed USD 4.1 billion by 2027 owing to the presence of key manufacturers and suppliers in the country.
- The global market is highly competitive in nature with the presence of a number of global medium- and small-scale companies
- Prominent companies include American Roller Company; Praxair S.T. Technology, Inc.; H.C. Starck, Inc.; Flame Spray Technologies BV; Wall Colmonoy; American Roller Company; Powder Alloy Corp.; CRS Holdings Inc; and Montreal Carbide Co. Ltd.
- These companies engage in strategies, such as mergers and acquisitions and product development, to expand their market reach and product portfolio.
Read 201 page research report with ToC on "Thermal Spray Coatings Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application, By Product (Metal, Ceramic, Intermetallic), By Technology (Plasma Spray, Cold Spray, Flame Spray), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/thermal-spray-coatings-market/
Thermal spraying is used to improve or restore the surface of a solid material. It can also be used for applying coatings to a wide range of components and materials for better resistance against cavitation, wear, abrasion erosion, and heat. In addition, it is used for providing insulation or electrical conductivity, chemical resistance, lubricity, sacrificial wear, high or low friction, and several other properties to coated surfaces. These coatings have high-potential market opportunity on account of their properties, such as biocompatibility, cavitation resistance, and aesthetic appeal. Increasing oil and gas exploration activities, particularly in Asia Pacific, coupled with upcoming shale gas explorations across the globe are expected to fuel the demand further. There are several regulations governing the global thermal spray coating market.
These regulatory standards define thermal-spray processes for machinery element repair of ferrous and non-ferrous substrates. Medical is expected to be the fastest-growing application segment on account of increasing application scope of thermal spray coatings in the biomedical sector. These coatings help extend the shelf life and improve performance of dental and orthopedic implants. Advantages of using such coatings in the biomedical sector include superior wear and corrosion resistance and bone bond enhancement. Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing regional thermal spray coatings market on account of increasing vehicle production along with rapid economic growth in China, India, Japan, Indonesia, South Korea, and Thailand.
Grand View Research has segmented the global thermal spray coatings market on the basis of product, technology, application, and region:
- Thermal Spray Coatings Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Thermal Spray Coatings Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Cold Spray
- Flame Spray
- Plasma Spray
- Electric Arc Spray
- Thermal Spray Coatings Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Industrial Gas Turbine
- Oil & gas
- Pulp & Paper
- Thermal Spray Coatings Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central and South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Paints, Coatings & Printing Inks Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Polymer Foam Market – Polymer foams are widely utilized in combination with other materials in various composite constructions, high-resilience foam seating, rigid insulation panels, automotive components, carpet underlays, upholstery stuffing, and packaging, among other applications.
- Thermal Barrier Coatings Market – Increasing demand for advanced heat resistant coatings from several end-use industries including energy, automotive, and aerospace is expected to have a positive impact on the market growth in the coming years.
- Conformal Coatings Market – Rising demand for conformal coatings for manufacturing of automotive and electronic components is expected to propel growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.