SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 5, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global sports analytics market size is expected to reach USD 4.6 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 31.2%, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing preference for sports as a career option coupled with the growing demand for tracking and monitoring live data of players is expected to drive the market growth. Use of analytics in sporting events help different stakeholders including sportsperson, associations, and fanatics to get in-depth insights on live in-game activity as well as the past game events.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The market is witnessing growth owing to wide range of benefits offered by analytic solutions, especially with respect to the in-game strategy formulation
- The software segment held a major share in the market, accounting for more than 55.0% of the total revenue generated in 2018. With the advent of cloud computing and associated benefits in terms of flexibility offered with respect to accessibility, demand for cloud-based analytical solutions a has surged over the last few years
- The on-field analysis segment dominated the market in 2018 and is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This is owing to growing popularity of game that needs player monitoring through use of sensors embedded in clothes and equipment
- The off-field segment is expected to exhibit a considerable CAGR owing to the growing trend towards understanding the dynamics of the game among aficionados
- The football segment held the major share in 2018. Higher share of this segment is attributed to tremendous popularity of the sport, especially among European countries
- North America is expected to account for the highest share followed by Europe during the forecast period. Growing investments by the companies in developed markets to develop advanced big data analytics solutions is flourishing the regional market
Key players include Experfy Projects; Oracle; IBM Corporation; SAP; Sportradar AG; Tableau Software; and SAS Institute Inc.
Read 98 page research report with ToC on "Sports Analytics Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Component (Software, Service), By Analysis Type (On-Field, Off-Field), By Sports (Football, Cricket, Baseball, Basketball), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/sports-analytics-market
Sports generate huge amount of data that can be used for tracking player information and thereby gain competitive insights on opponent's strategy. Companies worldwide are investing in research and development in order to develop state-of-the-art solutions that can process such voluminous data and help end-users gain competitive insights. Several gaming associations such as the Royal Spanish Football Federation, German Football Association, and National Basketball Association (NBA) have begun implementing analytical tools. Such tools help in crunching numbers in order to predict the possible outcome of a future game event as well as to gain insights on individual player and team performance.
Analytical tools use historically generated data as well as on-going real-time statistics to provide insightful information to the stakeholders involved in sports ecosystem. Analytical tools help gain first-hand information such as opponent history, win-loss records, player line-up, and player specific info including speed attained, acceleration achieved, and energy levels. Moreover, this data is also used by aficionados, which in turn, increases their involvement in the game. Growing involvement of fans thus helps to increase the popularity of the sport among people.
Grand View Research has segmented the global sports analytics market based on component, analysis type, sport, and region:
- Sports Analytics Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Sports Analytics Analysis Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Player & Team Analysis
- Video Analysis
- Health Assessment
- Fan Engagement
- Ticket Pricing
- Sports Analytics Sport Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Sports Analytics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Next Generation Technologies Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Streaming Analytics Market – The global streaming analytics market size was valued at USD 6.32 billion in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 28.9% from 2019 to 2025.
- Supply Chain Analytics Market – The global supply chain analytics market size was USD 3,460.1 million in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 9,875.2 million by 2025 at a CAGR exceeding 16.4% from 2019 to 2025.
- Augmented Analytics Market – The global augmented analytics market size was valued at USD 4,750.0 million in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 25.2% from 2019 to 2025.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.