BANGALORE, India , July 14, 2021 /PRNewswire/ --The Silicon Wafer Market is Segmented by Type (300 mm, 200 mm, ≤ 150 mm, Other(450 mm)), by Application (Memory, Logic or MPU, Analog, Discrete Device and Sensor, Others). The report covers global opportunity analysis and industry forecasts from 2021 to 2026. It is published in Valuates Reports under Electronics & Electrical Category.
The Silicon Wafer market size was valued at USD 11150 Million in 2019 and it is expected to reach USD 14390 Million by the end of 2026, growing at a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period 2021-2026.
Silicon wafers are an important component of integrated circuits, which power computers, cell phones, and a variety of other devices.
Major factors driving the growth of the silicon wafer market are:
Increasing use of integrated circuits in various devices like computers, smartphones, gaming devices, and military weapons
Silicon wafer market expansion will be fuelled by technological advances that improve wafer capabilities.
TRENDS INFLUENCING THE GROWTH OF THE SILICON WAFER MARKET
The need for high-performance electronic gadgets is expected to drive the growth of the Silicon Wafer Market. The expansion in the number of businesses and rising living standards have resulted in increased demand for smartphones, computers, and other electronic devices. Silicon wafers are used to make semiconductors, which are the building blocks of contemporary electrical gadgets. These wafers are very clean and impurity-free, making them the ideal substrate for contemporary semiconductors. They are utilized to make microchips and chips, as well as ICs, which are employed in a variety of electronic products.
Silicon wafer market expansion will be fuelled by technological advances that improve wafer capabilities. Automation and artificial intelligence (AI) are utilized to improve operational efficiency across all industry sectors. Companies are turning to silicon wafers to create AI-infused solutions, which is the next trend. To tackle deep learning tasks, silicon chips are designed with parts that function like neurons. The expansion of the silicon wafer market will be aided by the trend of shrinking of electronics, as well as improvements in the Internet of Things. Silicon chips that support high-end digital innovations will help to expand the industry.
The expansion of the silicon wafer market would be aided by the increasing adoption of automation in the automobile industry. The industry's R&D will be aided by the demand for vehicle electrification and improved connectivity. The development of technology like Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) will also help the sector grow even faster.
However, the silicon wafer market's growth would be hampered by the high initial investments required to manufacture these wafers.
Based on type, the wafer sizes larger than or equal to 300 mm are expected to be the most lucrative.
A large wafer diameter allows more semiconductor devices to be produced from a single wafer, increasing efficiency, and productivity. The growth of these wafers from half-inch silicon to 300 mm diameter wafers has been driven by the growing demand for chips and the increased chip throughput offered by huge wafer diameters.
Based on application, the Memory segment is expected to drive the growth of the silicon wafer market.
Memory makers are being forced to move to higher NAND and DRAM densities due to escalating wafer costs and severe supply restrictions. The silicon wafer market will rise as the demand for high-memory applications grows. Mobile internet gadgets, gaming gadgets, digital music players, and PCs all use memory and logic devices such as SDRAM, DRAM, GPU, CPU, and flash memory.
Based on region, China has the highest share of income, reaching 31.58 percent in 2019.
We have introduced a tailor-made subscription for our customers. Please leave a note in the Comment Section to know about our subscription plans.
- The global Semiconductor Wafer market size is projected to reach USD 19930 Million by 2026, from USD 17140 Million in 2019, at a CAGR of 2.2% during the forecast period 2021-2026.
- The Silicon Carbide Wafer market size was valued at USD 301.1 million in 2020 and is projected to reach USD 564.1 Million by 2027, at a CAGR of 9.4% during the 2021-2027. In this study, 2020 has been considered as the base year and 2021 to 2027 as the forecast period to estimate the market size for Silicon Carbide Wafer.
- The global Silicon Reclaim Wafers market size is projected to reach USD 1076.3 Million by 2027, from USD 480.1 Million in 2020, at a CAGR of 14.4% during 2021-2027.
- Silicon EPI Wafer Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth, Industry Analysis, Forecast 2021 to 2026. The Report contains segmentation By Type (300 mm, 200 mm, Below 150 mm, Others), By Application (Memory, Logic/MPU, Others)
- Solar Silicon Wafer Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth, Industry Analysis, Forecast 2021 to 2026. The Report contains segmentation By Type (Single Crystal Silicon Wafer, Polycrystalline Silicon Wafer), By Application (Commercial Use, Industrial Use)
- The global Semiconductor Materials market size is projected to reach USD 52410 Million by 2026, from USD 40420 Million in 2019, at a CAGR of 3.3% during 2021-2026. APAC accounted for roughly 63 percent of the market, with Taiwan being the most profitable country.
- The global Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment market size is projected to reach USD 53200 Million by 2027, from USD 39510 Million in 2020, at a CAGR of 3.9% during the forecast period 2021-2027. Growing consumer electronics demand is expected to drive the growth of the Semiconductor manufacturing market size. Consumer electronics is one of the most important industries that rely solely on the semiconductor industry. Changing chip sizes and innovative architectures in various electronic devices have boosted semiconductor demand, which has benefited semiconductor equipment manufacturers.
- The global Advanced Semiconductor Packaging market size is projected to reach USD 24180 million by 2027, from USD 15670 million in 2020, at a CAGR of 7.5% during 2022-2027. Top 5 manufacturers accounted for 43.06% market share in 2019.
- The global Wafer Cleaning Equipment market is valued at 5367.2 million USD in 2020 is expected to reach 9399.4 million USD by the end of 2026, growing at a CAGR of 8.2% during 2021-2026.
- The global Semiconductor Inspection Equipment market was valued at USD 7305.99 million in 2020 and it is expected to reach USD 11350.82 million by the end of 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.98% during 2021-2027.
Valuates offers in-depth market insights into various industries. Our extensive report repository is constantly updated to meet your changing industry analysis needs.
Our team of market analysts can help you select the best report covering your industry. We understand your niche region-specific requirements and that's why we offer customization of reports. With our customization in place, you can request for any particular information from a report that meets your market analysis needs.
To achieve a consistent view of the market, data is gathered from various primary and secondary sources, at each step, data triangulation methodologies are applied to reduce deviance and find a consistent view of the market. Each sample we share contains detail research methodology employed to generate the report, Please also reach to our sales team to get the complete list of our data sources