BANGALORE, India, May 3, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Retail Automation Market is Segmented by Type (PoS Barcode & RFID ,Barcode & RFID, Electronic Shelf Labels (ESL), Autonomous Guided Vehicle (AGV), Automatic Storage and Retrieval (ASRS), Automated Conveyor), by Application (Hypermarkets, Supermarkets, Single Item Stores, Fuel Stations, Retail Pharmacies). The report covers global opportunity analysis and industry forecast from 2021 to 2026. It is published on Valuates Reports in the Retail Trade Category.
The global Retail Automation market is projected to reach USD 16000 Million by 2026, from USD 10190 Million in 2019, at a CAGR of 6.2% during 2021-2026.
Major factors driving the growth of the retail automation market are:
In a hyper competitive market, Retail Automation offers a cost advantage by assisting the retailers in increasing their margins, improved service quality and increasing the speed of purchase than traditional approaches.
Increased demand for unified controlling and monitoring platforms, and real time optimization of retail operations based on customer purchasing patterns is driving the market growth.
TRENDS INFLUENCING THE GROWTH OF RETAIL AUTOMATION MARKET SIZE
Retail-margin pressure is mounting, driven by more intense competition, investment in e-commerce, and pressure to increase wages. Despite the fact that these cost increases are not recent, many retailers have already exhausted conventional cost-cutting options. In this hypercompetitive world, where retailers are unable to pass on costs to their customers, automation is being used to help and bolster margins.
The growing urban population is driving demand for retail automation technology, which provides better service quality and instant access to everything from carts to food. Innovations in retail technology erase long queues, make it easier to locate products, and in some cases, eliminates the traditional checkout process entirely.
Furthermore, increased internet connectivity and the growing adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT) have aided in the implementation of digital controls for improved Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication. This, in turn, has paved the way for creating a seamless automation environment.
The increasing need to establish a cashless shopping experience is expected to drive the growth of the retail automation market size. E-wallets and mobile payments are becoming increasingly common, paving the way for a cashless shopping experience. Retailers can improve their customer service while maintaining their competitive positions by deploying a POS system with digital payment access.
The introduction of automation in retail has helped to exceed customer expectations, expanded sales opportunities, and enhanced operational performance. Furthermore, as a result of its ability to provide end-to-end visibility, streamline processes, remove redundancies, and other benefits, automation is increasingly adopted by various retailers. These advantages are expected to increase the growth of the retail automation market size.
Point-of-Sale (POS) is projected as one of the most lucrative segments during the forecast period. Increased R&D has led to the development of advanced POS systems such as RFID transponders and advanced one-click & contactless payment options, which are expected to drive the POS segment's growth in the global retail automation market over the forecast period.
Based on end-users, the supermarket segment is expected to be one of the most dominant segments in the retail automation market during the forecast period. There is a huge demand for technologically advanced and cost-effective solutions in supermarkets.
Due to well-established manufacturers and a strong customer base, the North American region is expected to remain the most dominant regional segment over the forecast period.
We have introduced a tailor-made subscription for our customers. Please leave a note in the Comment Section to know about our subscription plans.
- The global big data analytics in retail market size was valued at USD 4.43 Billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 17.85 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 20.4% from 2020 to 2027. Increased spending on big data analytics software, the need to have customised consumer experiences to boost revenue, and the growth of the e-commerce industry are all major factors moving the global market forward.
- The Smart Retail market size was USD 14.250 Billion in 2020 and it is expected to reach USD 30.730 Billion by the end of 2026, with a CAGR of 13.7% during the forecast period 2020-2026. The rising adoption of smartphones, the need for improved customer service and shopping experiences, the decreasing cost of electronic components, and evolving digital technology generating new revenues for retailers are all driving growth in this sector. With advanced technology, the main constraint for the industry is data protection and privacy concerns.
- Image Recognition in Retail Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth, Industry Analysis, Forecast 2021 to 2026. The Report contains segmentation By Type (On-Premises, Cloud Based), By Application (Security and Surveillance, Vision Analytics, Marketing and Advertising, Others) and Regional Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast.
- The global AR in Retail market size is projected to reach USD 5535.2 million by 2026, from USD 1544 million in 2019, at a CAGR of 20.0% during 2021-2026. The demand for augmented reality in the retail industry is fueled by the desire to have a better consumer experience, increased internet penetration, and increased IoT spending.
- The IoT in Retail market size is projected to reach USD 40340 Million by 2026, from USD 20280 Million in 2019, at a CAGR of 10.2% during the forecast period 2021-2026.
- The Blockchain in Retail market size is projected to reach USD 1644.4 Million by 2027, from USD 123.1 Million in 2020, at a CAGR of 44.5% during 2021-2027.
- The U.S. retail recon software market size was valued at USD 108.75 Million in 2019, and is projected to reach USD 264.37 Million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 11.8% from 2020 to 2027. The market is expected to expand due to an increase in online transactions in the retail industry and a rise in the demand for reconciliation management systems. Furthermore, the market's growth is driven by significant cost savings for retailers with high-volume bank reconciliation needs.
- In 2019, the global Smart Labels market size was USD 6894.5 Million and it is expected to reach USD 19700 Million by the end of 2026, with a CAGR of 16.0% during 2021-2026. Because of the potential to provide accurate information to consumers about goods using digital technologies and smart devices, the global smart labels market has seen a rise in adoption in the packaging industry. Furthermore, the potential to provide real-time visibility of the product and the rise in demand for successful anti-theft products, owing to security concerns, are driving demand for global smart labels.
- Digital Transformation in Retail Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth, Industry Analysis, Forecast 2021 to 2026. The Report contains segmentation By Type (Mobile, Website), By Application (Consumer Electronics, Media & Entertainment, Apparel, Food & Beverage, Furniture & Home Décor, Beauty and Personal Care) and Regional Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast.
- The electronic shelf label (ESL) market size was valued at USD 624.7 Million in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 2.40 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2020 to 2027. The shelf label is a rapidly growing and evolving technology that can replace paper labels. It provides the ability to make immediate price adjustments. In addition, each electronic shelf label (ESL) system includes an LCD or E-ink display that displays the product's price and UPC.
- Retail Execution Software Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth, Industry Analysis, Forecast 2021 to 2026. The Report contains segmentation By Type (On-premise, Cloud-based), By Application (Large Enterprises, SMEs) and Regional Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast.
- The Global Retail Analytics Market size is expected to grow from USD 4,581.96 Million in 2019 to USD 9,372.60 Million by the end of 2025 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 12.66%
Valuates offers in-depth market insights into various industries. Our extensive report repository is constantly updated to meet your changing industry analysis needs.
Our team of market analysts can help you select the best report covering your industry. We understand your niche region-specific requirements and that's why we offer customization of reports. With our customization in place, you can request for any particular information from a report that meets your market analysis needs.
To achieve a consistent view of the market, data is gathered from various primary and secondary sources, at each step, data triangulation methodologies are applied to reduce deviance and find a consistent view of the market. Each sample we share contains detail research methodology employed to generate the report, Please also reach to our sales team to get the complete list of our data sources