SAN FRANCISCO, January 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The global polylactic acid (PLA) market size is expected to reach USD 4.25 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a 20.6% CAGR during the forecast period. Wide utilization of the product in various industries including packaging, agriculture, transport, electronics, and textiles in emerging economies such as China, India, and Indonesia are is a key factor driving industry growth.
Polylactic acid is used to produce engineering plastics and microwaveable containers, including food containers and disposable cutlery. Several beneficial properties, such as better aesthetic appeal, good resistance to oil and grease, and better printability, have resulted in significant use of PLA for manufacturing food packaging products.
The transport sector is likely to witness a steady decline in prices of automotive parts on account of increasing use of PLA in car interiors such as dashboards, seats, and bumpers, as it has the ability to reduce weight and increase toughness. The overall rising production of bioplastics and their increasing penetration in various applications in order to reduce greenhouse gases and decrease the dependence on petroleum sources is projected to have a positive impact on the polylactic acid market.
PLA packaging provides an environment-friendly solution and helps in enhancing the appearance of the final product. It has become an essential part of green packaging of various food products, which will help in improving its growth prospects over the forecast period. Growing usage of bioplastics in flexible packaging is expected to fuel industry expansion.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Polylactic Acid (PLA) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Packaging, Agriculture, Transport, Electronics, Textiles), By Region, Competitive Landscape, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/polylactic-acid-pla-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The packaging application dominated the overall polylactic acid (PLA) market with a volume-based industry share of 35.71% in 2017; by revenue, the segment is anticipated to account for a share of over 35.0% the same year
- PLA has a high bio-based content and is biodegradable or compostable in nature. Emerging bioplastic applications, coupled with favorable regulations toward the use of bio-based materials, are expected to give an impetus to the global PLA market over the forecast period
- The North America PLA market is expected to be driven by growing demand for bioplastics and addition of new manufacturing facilities. Additionally, the regional market is characterized by high demand for sustainability, which has resulted in a quest for sustainability in packaging as well
- The overall bioplastics demand in North America is also expected to be spurred by initiatives for promoting environment-friendly products by the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- The global industry is characterized by accreditation of the product, mergers and acquisitions, distribution and branding, and product development and innovation to improve the market share of manufacturers
- Some of the key companies present in the industry are BASF SE, Danimer Scientific, Futerro, NatureWorks LLC, Synbra Technology BV, Hitachi Ltd., Sulzer Ltd., Zhejiang Hisun Biomaterials Co., Ltd., Thyssenkrupp AG, and Teijin Ltd.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) Films And Laminates Market - The global liquid crystal polymer (LCP) films & laminates market size exceeded USD 100 million in 2015.
- Aseptic Packaging Market - The global aseptic packaging market size was USD 35.88 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.2% over the forecast period.
- Aluminum Foil Market - The global aluminum foil market is poised to show strong growth over the forecast period.
- Biodegradable Superabsorbent Materials Market - The global biodegradable superabsorbent materials market size was 42 kilo tons in 2015.
Grand View Research has segmented the global polylactic acid (PLA) market on the basis of product and region:
- Polylactic Acid Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Polylactic Acid Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.