SAN FRANCISCO, August 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
North America PVC films market is expected to reach USD 2.99 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The regional polyvinyl chloride films market is characterized by increasing regulatory & legislative intervention particularly in the U.S. and Canada for food packaging applications. Favorable regulatory environment in Mexico compared to the U.S. & Canada is expected to develop the regional industry over the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on "North America Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Films Market Analysis By Technology (Calendering, Extrusion), By Product (Rigid PVC Films, Monomeric Flexible PVC Film, Polymeric Flexible PVC Film), By End-Use (Packaging, Medical, Printing, Building Materials) And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/north-america-polyvinyl-chloride-pvc-films-market
Calendering technology dominated the PVC film market and accounted for 55.1% of total market volume in 2014. Increasing calendering usage among producers to fabricate rigid as well as semi-rigid films owing to its better processing and longer batch production qualities compared to other process is expected drive this segment over the forecast period. It is also expected to witness the highest growth of 2.3% from 2015 to 2022.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- North America PVC films market size was 985.4 kilo tons in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% from 2015 to 2022.
- Rigid polyvinyl chloride films market was the dominant product segment and accounted for 53% of total regional demand in 2014. These are widely used in food, footwear, blister and tools packaging. Regulations in the U.S. & Canada banning PVC usage in food packaging is expected to have a negative impact on its future consumption trends.
- Packaging was the most dominant end-use industry and accounted for 33.6% of total market volume in 2014. Building materials is expected to experience the highest growth of 2.4% from 2015 to 2022. PVC films are used as decorative films, furniture films, construction films and envelope materials in construction. Increasing infrastructure expenditure in Mexico is expected to drive this segment.
- U.S. was the leading regional market and with demand share estimated at 77.8% in 2014. Recovery of construction in industry post the economic recession is expected to ensure continuous PVC films demand in the nation. Monomeric and polymeric PVC films collectively accounted for over 30% of the U.S. consumption in 2014. Increasing scrutiny from state legislatures along with agencies such as EPA and FDA is expected to hinder demand.
- North America PVC films market share is dominated by companies integrated from resin to films production. Some key companies operating in the regional industry include Plastic Film Corp., Bonset America Corp., Walton Plastics Inc., Tekra, Presco, ACG North America, Ronal Market Associates, Teknor APEX, Plastatech, and Achilles USA.
Grand View Research has segmented the North America PVC films market on the basis of technology, product, end-use and region:
- Technology Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Rigid PVC Films
- Monomeric Flexible PVC Films
- Polymeric Flexible PVC Films
- End-Use Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Building Materials
- North America PVC Films Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Thermoformed Plastics Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/thermoformed-plastics-market
- Waterborne Epoxy Resin Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/waterborne-epoxy-resin-market
- Polyvinyl Butyral Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/polyvinyl-butyral-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.