SAN FRANCISCO, April 4, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global nitrous oxide market size is expected to reach USD 1.47 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., posting a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period. Increasing demand from various industries, especially from the medical sector, is helping the market gain tremendous momentum. In addition, rising prevalence of chronic diseases and growing geriatric population in major countries is further fueling the demand over the forecast period.
Nitrous oxide is largely consumed by the medical, automotive, food & beverage, and electronics industries. More than 85.0% of nitrous oxide produced is consumed in the medical sector. It is extensively used as analgesic and anesthetic agent in medical applications. Economies such as the U.S., Germany, France, Japan, China, and India are major destinations for market players owing to presence of a wide patient base suffering from chronic diseases.
Nitrous oxide is widely used in automotive engines to increase the efficiency. It is one of the simplest ways to provide a significant horsepower boost to any gasoline engine. When nitrous oxide is injected into an engine, its molecules break down and release oxygen during combustion to allow the engine to produce more power.
The global market is projected to expand significantly in the coming years. In 2016, North America was the largest market for nitrous oxide due to high prevalence of chronic diseases. Moreover, surging demand from Asia Pacific is anticipated to support the growth of the overall market.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Nitrous Oxide Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Automotive, Medical, Electronics, Food & Beverages), By Region (North America, APAC), Competitive Landscape, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/nitrous-oxide-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Global nitrous oxide demand was valued at USD 805.1 million in 2016 and is estimated to register a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period
- Medical was the largest application segment in 2016 and is likely to register a CAGR of 7.2% between 2017 and 2025
- Electronics segment accounted for 1.32% of the overall revenue in 2016 and is anticipated to witness moderate growth over the coming years
- Asia Pacific market is projected to experience significant growth over the forecast period owing to rising prevalence of chronic diseases in countries such as China, India, and Japan
- Key players including Praxair Technology, Inc., Oxygen & Argon Works Ltd., The Linde Group, Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc., SOL Spa, Merck KGaA, Air Liquide, Airgas, Inc., and Ellenbarrie Industrial Gases Ltd. are engaged in the production of nitrous oxide in the global market.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Crude Oil Carrier Market - The Global crude oil carrier fleet grew by 8.4 million dead weight tonnes (mdwt) and around 1.7% in the first half of 2015.
- Distributed Natural Gas-Fueled Generation Market - The global distributed natural gas-fueled generation market size was USD 11.20 billion in 2015.
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Market - The global LNG market size was estimated at 265 million tons in 2016.
- Microgrid Market - The global microgrid market size was valued at USD 3.76 billion in 2016 and Rising power demand in developing countries
Grand View Research has segmented the global nitrous oxide market on the basis of application and region:
- Nitrous Oxide Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Food & Beverages
- Nitrous Oxide Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/energy-and-power
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.