SAN FRANCISCO, March 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global mushroom market size is expected to reach USD 115.8 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 9.7% over the forecast period. Increasing adoption of vegan diets across the developed economies on account of growing consumer concerns towards animal welfare and the environment is likely to have a positive impact on industry growth. Rising consumer preferences for natural ingredient-based food and cosmetic products around the globe owing to growing awareness regarding the side effects of their synthetic counterparts are expected to drive demand for mushrooms.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- By product, the button type emerged as the dominant product segment and accounted for 61.8% of the total volume share in 2021. Wide-scale production, high shelf appeal, low price, and high nutritional value of the product are the factors that mainly attributed to segment growth.
- The fresh mushrooms segment led the market in terms of volume as compared to the processed segment. The fresh segment is likely to witness a CAGR of 8.8% in terms of revenue over the forecast period owing to the higher preference of households and foodservice providers for fresh mushrooms to prepare meals and other exotic food products.
- The supermarkets and hypermarkets segment dominated the market and accounted for a revenue share of 38.3% in 2021 owing to the high penetration in the developed markets in North America and Europe as well as growing penetration in the developing economies.
- The food application segment held the largest revenue share of 86.8% in 2021. The segment is expected to witness substantial growth on account of growing consumer demand for packaged healthy food products.
- Asia Pacific dominated the market in terms of production and consumption. The increasing vegan population in countries like China, India, and Japan is expected to have a positive impact on industry growth.
- Growing demand for meat substitutes is likely to increase the demand for mushrooms. For instance, Germany-based food startup Walding has developed chicken alternatives using Laetiporus mushroom also known as chicken of the woods. The introduction of such innovative products is anticipated to open newer avenues to producers of mushrooms in the coming years.
Read 152-page market research report, "Mushroom Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Button, Shiitake, Oyster), By Form, By Distribution Channel, By Application (Food, Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2022 - 2030", published by Grand View Research.
Mushroom Market Growth & Trends
Furthermore, mushrooms are rich sources of vitamins, antioxidants, essential oils, proteins, and other bioactive compounds leading to their increasing demand from pharmaceutical applications. Mushroom manufacturers have started focusing adoption of sustainable production processes to attract an environment-conscious customer base and improve brand position. For instance, Bonduelle Group, a France-based mushroom producer, focuses on Agroecology, wherein the company uses natural fertilizers and use renewable energy sources to produce mushrooms. In addition, the company has also started using cardboard boxes by replacing plastic packaging for its canned products starting November 2020.
The manufacturers are using mergers and acquisitions and partnership agreement strategies to expand the production capacity and increase their geographical presence. For instance, in April 2019, Greenyard signed an agreement with Carrefour Belgium, a retail group, for the supply of the former's assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables. The agreement was intended to strengthen the commercial relationship of both companies and to expand the clientele base for Greenyard.
Mushroom Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global mushroom market on the basis of product, form, distribution channel, application, and region:
Mushroom Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
Mushroom Form Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
Mushroom Distribution Channel Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
- Direct to Customer
- Grocery Stores
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Online Stores
Mushroom Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
Mushroom Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Mushroom Market
- Bonduelle Group
- Costa Group
- CMP Mushroom
- Drinkwater Mushrooms
- Monaghan Group
- Monterey Mushroom, Inc
- OKECHAMP S.A
- Shanghai Fengke Biological Technology Co., Ltd
- The Mushroom Company
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Cheese Powder Market - The global cheese powder market size is poised to reach USD 1.83 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period. The market is likely to witness healthy growth over the coming years owing to surge in requirement of cheese powder in a wide range of snacks, especially in developed markets. Rising disposable income coupled with increasing share of working class professionals will boost the growth of the market over the forecast period.
- U.S. Flavor Market - The U.S. flavors market size is expected to reach USD 4.87 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 2.2%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing consumption of processed & ready-to-eat products has fostered the demand for flavor enhancing additives to offset low food quality and tasteless products.
- Baking Ingredients Market - The global baking ingredients market size is expected to reach USD 19.4 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to witness a CAGR of 5.8% over the forecast period, owing to Increasing consumer preferences for wide variety of tastes is expected to be the key factor driving the growth of market. In addition, rise in food-away from home expenditures is also propelling market growth.
- Canned Mushroom Market - The global canned mushroom market size is anticipated to reach USD 10.2 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 5.0% over the forecast period. Increasing demand for convenient food is a key factor driving the demand for canned mushroom over the forecast period. In addition, increasing consumption in India, China, and Japan is expected to provide growth opportunity for the market from 2019 to 2025.
Browse through Grand View Research's Processed & Frozen Foods Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Grand View Compass | Grand View Pipeline
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.