SAN FRANCISCO, June 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global mechanical ventilators market size is expected to reach USD 7.13 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 6.6%, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. Growing geriatric population and technological innovation in respiratory care devices are the major factors driving the market. Moreover, increasing incidence of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and respiratory emergencies is contributing to the market expansion. On the other hand, budgetary constraints faced by the ventilator manufacturers and healthcare may impede this growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Critical care ventilators are expected to account for over 39% of the overall market share by 2026 owing to the technological advancements, such as Spontaneous Breathing Trial (SBT) and AutoTrak
- Transport and portable product segment is expected to record the highest CAGR of 7.24% during the forecast years. These devices are widely used in hospitals as they provide faster and continuous care to patients even prior to their arrival in the hospital premises
- North America is the dominant regional market, in terms of revenue, owing to growing geriatric population, which is leading to a corresponding rise in the incidences of respiratory disorders
- Asia Pacific and Latin America are expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period due to the presence of untapped opportunities, rising expenditure levels, and favorable government initiatives
- Some of the key companies in the market include Draeger Medical, GE Healthcare, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Teleflex, and Smiths Medical
- These companies focus on product development to improve their global presence and ensure sustainability
Read 150 page research report with TOC on "Mechanical Ventilators Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Critical Care, Neonatal, Transport & Portable), By Region (Latin America, North America, APAC, Europe, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/mechanical-ventilators-market
However, innovations in the field of Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) devices and improvement in battery life of transport and portable devices are projected to have a positive impact on the mechanical ventilators market growth. According to the estimates by the WHO, currently, approximately 90% of COPD deaths occur in low- and middle-income countries. Therefore, rise in prevalence of such diseases along with the introduction and availability of portable, cost-effective, and easy-to-use products for the treatment of respiratory conditions is expected to drive the market in the years to come.
Grand View Research has segmented the global mechanical ventilators market on the basis of product and region:
- Mechanical Ventilators Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Critical Care
- Transport & Portable
- Mechanical Ventilators Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Blood Flow Measurement Devices Market – Increasing prevalence of peripheral vascular disorders and rising geriatric base are expected to fuel blood flow measurement devices market.
- Vein Illumination Devices Market – Increasing blood donation and veni puncture procedure performed for intravenous infusion and blood drawing is expected to drive the vein illumination devices market during the forecast period.
- qPCR Assay Market – Increasing intervention of the government with regards to funding for research and development activities coupled with rising R&D activities in proteomics and genomics and advancement in technology is expected to drive the qPCR assay market during the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.