SAN FRANCISCO, September 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global kombucha market size is projected to reach USD 5.45 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is likely to expand at a CAGR of 23.0% over the forecast period. This market is anticipated to be driven by innovations, flavor experimentation, and increasing awareness regarding health benefits associated with kombucha consumption.
The market is primarily expected to grow on account of accelerating rate of consumption of kombucha as an alternative to aerated drinks and beverages. This market is luring international aerated drinks manufacturers to invest in and acquire emerging players.
Distinguishing factor that provides a competitive edge for this market is that kombucha is home-made and has a wide potential for experimentation. Beverage manufacturing companies are exhibiting trends like organizing kombucha tasting competition giving an opportunity to kombucha makers to come and showcase their product. Winner of the competitions is heavily funded by established players. This trend is showcasing excellent capital potential.
Kombucha market value chain comprises raw material suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end-use verticals. Kombucha is derived from raw materials such as tea leaves, Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast (SCOBY), sugar, and flavors.
Application areas of kombucha are widening in other segments of food and beverage such as breakfast meals, ice cream toppings, and candies among others. This is also projected to generate future market opportunities.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Kombucha Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Flavor (Original, Flavored), By Distribution Channel (Supermarkets, Health Stores, Online Stores), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/kombucha-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The global consumption for kombucha was estimated to be 82,960.9 kilo liters in 2016
- In 2016, kombucha consumption in U.K. was estimated to be 2,930.9 kilo liters and is estimated to reach 27,803.9 kilo liters by 2025
- Revenue from online stores in Russia was estimated to be USD 14.25 million in 2016. This segment is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 23.1% in this region during the forecasted period
- Established aerated beverage producers are heavily investing in kombucha manufacturing companies therefore bringing in positive investment environment in this market
- In 2016, PepsiCo ventured into the kombucha market by acquiring Ke-Vita, a kombucha manufacturing giant.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Wheat Protein Market - The global wheat protein market size was estimated at USD 1.52 billion in 2015.
- Krill Oil Market - The global krill oil market size was valued at USD 204.4 million in 2015 and is expected to witness significant growth owing to increasing health awareness among the population.
- Dietary Fibers Market - The global dietary fibers market size was valued at USD 3.31 billion in 2015.
- Probiotic Ingredients Market - The global probiotics dietary supplements market size was valued at USD 3.3 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.6% over the next nine years.
Grand View Research has segmented the global kombucha market on the basis of flavor, distribution channel, and region:
- Kombucha Flavor Outlook (Volume, Kilo Liters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Kombucha Distribution Channel Outlook (Volume, Kilo Liters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Online Stores
- Health Stores
- Kombucha Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.