SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 20, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global hospital surgical disinfectant market size is expected to reach USD 558.54 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.0% from 2021 to 2028. The increasing prevalence of surgical site infections and hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) is a key driving factor for the market.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- The chlorhexidine product segment dominated the market in 2020 with a share of over 25.0% due to an increase in the usage of formulation for pre-injection and pre-operative skin preparation. Moreover, it comprises antiseptic agents, such as ethyl or isopropyl, which are effective against different microbes
- The hospitals end-use segment held the largest revenue share of over 45.0% in 2020 owing to the easy access to a range of surgical disinfectant solutions and the rising number of surgeries globally
- Asia Pacific led the global market in 2020 with a share of over 25.0% and is expected to dominate the market over the forecast period owing to the rising prevalence of chronic disorders as well as a higher number of hospital-acquired infection cases
Read 110 page market research report, "Hospital Surgical Disinfectant Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Chlorhexidine, Alcohols, Povidone-iodine), By End-use (Hospitals, Clinics, ASCs), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028", by Grand View Research
Moreover, the recent outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to the significant demand for surgical disinfectants and is expected to reach new frontiers in the forthcoming months. Major players operating in the market are developing hospital surgical disinfectants that are effective against COVID-19. For instance, BD introduced fully sterile isopropyl alcohol and povidone-iodine single-use antiseptic skin preparation in the U.S., thus positively supporting the market growth.
The high incidence of HAIs due to a lack of preventive measures is a major factor expected to drive the market over the forecast period. Contaminated surgical devices are a key source of hospital-acquired infections. According to the CDC, in the U.S., it was estimated that HAIs account for approximately 1.7 million infections and 99,000 associated deaths each year. The demand for surgical disinfectants is expected to increase as these products are needed for cleaning skin before surgery in order to reduce the risk of infections.
Furthermore, the rising number of surgical procedures worldwide is expected to boost the demand for these products. For instance, as per the Plastic Surgery Statistics Report, in 2019, around 2,678,302 cosmetic surgical procedures were performed in the U.S., which is almost a 2.0% increase from the previous year. The application of hospital surgical disinfectants significantly reduces the risk of contamination and transmission of infection.
Grand View Research has segmented the global hospital surgical disinfectant market on the basis of product, end-use, and region:
- Hospital Surgical Disinfectants Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hospital Surgical Disinfectants End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs)
- Hospital Surgical Disinfectants Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Hospital Surgical Disinfectant Market
- Sage Products LLC
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Cardinal Health
- The Clorox Company
- Schulke & Mayr GmbH
Check out more studies related to hospital disinfection, published by Grand View Research:
- Antiseptics And Disinfectants Market – The global antiseptics and disinfectants market size was valued at USD 23.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.8% from 2021 to 2028. An increase in the prevalence of diseases such as cholera, typhoid, food poisoning, hepatitis A, and dengue, primarily due to lack of home cleanliness, is one of the major factors expected to drive the market.
- Surface Disinfectant Market – The global surface disinfectant market size was valued at USD 4.54 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.7% from 2021 to 2028. The demand is anticipated to be driven by the increasing prevalence of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) worldwide.
- Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment Market – The global ultraviolet disinfection equipment market size was valued at USD 7.13 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.1% over the forecast period. Increasing demand for ultraviolet (UV) disinfection equipment in healthcare facilities is expected to have a positive impact on the market growth.
Browse Through Grand View Research's coverage of the Global Medical Devices Industry.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.