SAN FRANCISCO, March 12, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global fuel cell market size is expected to reach USD 33.09 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 15.5% over the forecast period, according to a new report published by Grand View Research, Inc. The rise in demand for unconventional energy sources is a key factor driving the growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The fuel cell market is highly consolidated with major companies accounting for over 80% of industry demand. Hydrogen is anticipated to lead the market owing to continuous R&D activities
- North America is expected to emerge as a largest market in terms of fuel cell installation due to regulatory scenario, technological advancements, and investments by federal government. Hence, public-private partnerships is crucial for gaining technological advantage
- Government regulations and initiatives for minimizing emission rates and capacity to make use of domestic energy sources are some of the factors propelling the demand for hydrogen power plants
- China is projected to showcase significant growth as a result of majority of Chinese fuel cell manufacturers emphasize on developing proton exchange membrane fuel cells which implies incorporating fuel cells in various modes of transport
- Key market players include Fuel Cell Energy, Inc.; Ballard Power Systems; Hydrogenics Corporation; SFC Energy AG; Nedstack Fuel Cell Technology B.V.; Bloom Energy; Doosan Fuel Cell America, Inc.; Ceres Power Holdings Plc; and Plug Power, Inc. Apart from these, several other automobile manufacturers are in the process of launching their fuel cell vehicles
Read 95 page research report with ToC on "Fuel Cell Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Raw Material, By Product (PEMFC, PEFC, SOFC, MCFC), By Application (Stationary, Transportation, Portable), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fuel-cell-market
North America accounted for the largest market share in 2019 and is projected to continue leading over the forecast period, due to the commercialization and adoption of electric vehicles. However, Asia Pacific emerged as a growing market in terms of shipments. Rising demand for combined heat and power systems in is projected to drive the demand for fuel cell in the region.
Power-based electricity generation is effective in minimizing emission of carbon dioxide or any other hazardous pollutants. Hence, fuel cell technology plays a vital role in dealing with environmental issues as well as encouraging the use of renewable carriers of energy. Ongoing product developments and innovation is expected to open new opportunities for emerging players.
Using fuel cells can minimize the dependency on non-renewable energy sources such as coal, natural gas, and petrochemical derivatives. Fuel cells employ electrochemical process for generation of energy and result in less combustion of fuels. Hybrid systems using conventional engines and fuel cells are deployed in most of electric vehicles.
Grand View Research has segmented the global fuel cell market based on product, application, and region:
- Fuel Cell Product Outlook (Volume, Units; Capacity, Mega Watt; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Fuel Cell Application Outlook (Volume, Units; Capacity, Mega Watt; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Fuel Cell Regional Outlook (Volume, Units; Capacity, Mega Watt; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Power Generation & Storage Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Flywheel Energy Storage Market – The global flywheel energy storage market size accounted for USD 263.7 million in 2018 and is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 8.9% by 2025.
- Advanced Energy Storage Systems Market – The global advanced energy storage systems market size was worth USD 1.91 billion in 2014.
- Hydrogen Storage Market – The hydrogen storage market size was valued at USD 4.0 billion in 2015 and is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.