SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 5, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global flexible intermediate bulk container market size is projected to reach USD 6.4 billion by 2026, progressing at a CAGR of 5.9% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing food and pharmaceutical industries across the world and increasing need to reduce overall weight of bulk packaging are among the key factors driving the demand for flexible intermediate bulk containers.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In terms of revenue, type A segment is anticipated to reach USD 4.2 billion by 2026 with a CAGR of 5.9% from 2019 to 2026.
- In terms of revenue, pharmaceutical segment is expected to witness the highest growth rate over the forecast period in the market owing to rising pharmaceutical industry across the world.
- Type D product segment is anticipated to reach USD 302.2 million by 2026 owing to its benefits such as electric charge dissipative abilities while filling and discharging powdered materials.
- Some of the key companies present in the market are Global-Pak, Bag-Corp, Isbir Sentetik, Greif, Plastipak Industrial Textiles, Bulk Lift International, Halsted, Jumbo Bag Limited, Rishi FIBC Solutions, Taihua Group, Intertape Polymer Group, LC Packaging, and Langston Companies, Inc.
- The flexible intermediate bulk container market is highly fragmented with the presence of a large number of players across the regions that compete primarily on the basis of pricing.
Read 125 page research report with ToC on "Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Type A, Type B, Type C, Type D), By End Use (Food, Chemical), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/flexible-intermediate-bulk-container-fibc-market
Flexible intermediate bulk containers (FIBCs) are also known as bulk bags, jumbo bags, and big bags. These are made of flexible woven material typically polypropylene (PP) and possess the capacity to hold 500 kg to 2,000 kg of weight. They are commonly used to store dry and flowable products such as grains, seeds, salts, chemicals, sands, clays, cement, and others. FIBC majorly finds application in various end-use industries including food, chemical, pharmaceutical, building & construction, mining, and others.
Countries in North America and Europe are the largest consumers of FIBC. Key product manufacturing countries are China, Turkey, and India. The global market players for flexible intermediate bulk containers majorly compete on the basis of price per unit. Therefore, in order to lower the cost of production, manufacturing companies and distributors of North America and Europe largely outsource manufacturing activities from the aforementioned countries.
The demand for flexible intermediate bulk containers in developed countries including the U.S., Japan, Germany, France, and others, is mainly driven by rising pharmaceutical industry owing to increasing aging population. In emerging countries, the demand for FIBCs is majorly driven by rising food processing and agricultural industries. Steady growth rate of chemical industry and significant growth rate of pharmaceutical industry across the world are also expected to positively impact the global demand for flexible intermediate bulk containers.
Grand View Research has segmented the global flexible intermediate bulk container market based on product, end use, and region:
- FIBC Product Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Type A
- Type B
- Type C
- Type D
- FIBC End Use Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- FIBC Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central and South America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Plastics, Polymers & Resins Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Isothermal Bags & Containers Market – The global isothermal bags & containers market is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period mainly on account of growing trade of goods and commodities worldwide.
- Insulated Food Containers Market – The global insulated food containers market size was valued at USD 1.5 billion in 2018.
- Plastic Container Market – The global plastic container market size was valued at USD 85.5 billion in 2018.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.