SAN FRANCISCO, July 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global edible oil and fats market size is expected to reach USD 162.51 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising popularity of edible oil as a key nutritional constituent on account of its various benefits including improvement in immune system and prevention from cardiovascular disorders is projected to drive the demand.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Oil product segment generated revenue exceeding USD 60 billion in 2018. Rising importance of calorie-free products including olive and sunflower as healthier alternatives as compared to animal-based fats is projected to remain a favorable factor over the forecast period
- Coconut segment is expected to witness a CAGR of 7.4% from 2018 to 2025. The product is expected to gain importance on account of being effective source of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals
- Asia Pacific led with more than 30% of global market share in terms of revenue in 2018. The high concentration middle-income age groups in key markets including China, India, Bangladesh, and Thailand is expected to assist the region maintain the dominance in near future
- The edible oil and fats market is highly competitive in nature. Key players include Aceities Borges Pont S.A.; ACH Food Companies, Inc.; ADM; Avena Nordic Grain Oy; and Cargill Inc.
- Strategic partnerships with the distributors located in emerging economies with significant buyer base is expected to remain a critical success factor for the key market participants in the forthcoming years.
Read 110 page research report with TOC on "Edible Oil & Fats Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Oils, Fats), By Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/edible-oil-fats-market
Rising concerns over glutamic disorders in developed countries including U.S. and Germany is expected to promote the scope of oilseed-based product forms as vegan alternatives for animal fats. Furthermore, changing lifestyle coupled with buyer preference for nutrition enriched food products among middle-class income groups from developing economies such as China, India, and Thailand is projected to increase the usage of edible oils over the next eight years.
Offline channels are projected to lead, accounting for more than 50% of total market share in terms of revenue. Increased concentration of supermarkets in emerging economies such as China, India, Mexico, Brazil, and South Africa is projected to provide the consumers a wide range of options when it comes to edible oils and edible fats.
Grand View Research has segmented the global edible oil and fats market on the basis of product, distribution channel, and region:
- Edible Oil & Fats Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Edible Oil
- Edible Fats
- Edible Oil & Fats Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Edible Oil & Fats Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Consumer Goods Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Vegan Food Market – The global vegan food market size was valued at USD 12.69 billion in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 9.6% from 2019 to 2025.
- Biotech Flavor Market – The global biotech flavor market size was valued at USD 36.0 billion in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 7.0% from 2019 to 2025.
- Glucose Syrup Market – The global glucose syrup market size was valued at USD 3.3 billion in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a healthy CAGR over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.