SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 20, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global dentures market size is expected to reach USD 2.3 billion by 2028, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.2% from 2021 to 2028. The advancements in dental prosthetics and rising demand for dentures by the geriatric population are expected to drive the market growth over the forecast period.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- Based on type, the complete dentures segment dominated the market with a revenue share of around 73.0% in 2020. The conventional complete dentures replicate gum tissues and are preferred by the geriatric population with no teeth. In addition, the adoption of CAD/CAM techniques has facilitated accuracy in the designing and manufacturing of complete dentures
- Based on usage, the removable dentures segment held a majority of the market share in terms of revenue in 2020 as they are a popular and conventionally preferred prosthetic option. They cost less as compared to fixed dentures and are less invasive
- Based on end-use, the dental clinics and hospitals segment held a majority of the market in terms of revenue share in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% over the forecast period from 2021 to 2028. This is owing to the availability of specialist dentists, cost-effective services, and technologically advanced infrastructure
- In 2020, North America dominated the market in terms of revenue share pertaining to the advanced healthcare infrastructure, widespread independent dental clinics, and growing disposable incomes.
- In Asia Pacific, the market is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of 10.4% over the forecast period due to the increasing awareness about oral care, growth in the number of independent dental practices, and rising dental tourism in the region
Read 80 page market research report, "Dentures Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Complete, Partial), By Usage (Removable, Fixed), By End-Use (Dental Clinics & Hospitals), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028", by Grand View Research
According to FDI World Dental Federation, dental diseases affect over 3.9 billion people across the world, with untreated tooth decay affecting over 40% of the world's population. According to the U.S. CDC, around 25% of adults have one or more untreated dental problems.
In emerging economies such as India and China, tooth loss, dental caries, periodontal diseases, xerostomia, and potentially malignant disorders are more frequently observed in elderly people with poor oral hygiene. According to World Dental Federation, globally, about 30% of people aged 65 to 74 years have no natural tooth, and this burden is expected to increase with the aging of the population. The growing incidence of oral diseases in the older age group is likely to drive demand for dentures in the coming years.
The COVID-19 pandemic had a severe impact on the dental care industry in the initial phase. Due to the imposed social distancing guidelines, the dental practices were not allowed to operate. The dentists were only allowed emergency cases. According to the ADA, the non-emergency dental procedures were needed to be postponed. However, the market has been recovering at a steady speed.
Grand View Research has segmented the global dentures market based on type, usage, end-use, and region:
- Dentures Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Dentures Usage Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Dentures End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Dental Clinics & Hospitals
- Dentures Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
List of Key Players of Dentures Market
- DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc.
- COLTENE Holding AG
- IvoclarVivadent AG
- Modern Dental Group Ltd.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
- Thommen Medical AG
- GC dental
- Amann Girrbach AG
Check out more studies related to dental and oral care, published by Grand View Research:
- Dental Services Market – The global dental services market size was valued at USD 302.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% from 2021 to 2028. The diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of dental disorders are covered under dental services that are provided by dentists and dental professionals.
- Dental Lasers Market – The global dental lasers market size was valued at USD 931.8 million in 2018 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.5% by 2026. The rising number of dental disorders among a large population coupled with increasing awareness regarding oral hygiene are majorly driving the growth.
- Oral Care Market – The global oral care market size was valued at USD 31.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9% from 2021 to 2028. The rising prevalence of dental caries both among children and adults is expected to drive the market.
Browse Through Grand View Research's coverage of the Global Medical Devices Industry.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.