SAN FRANCISCO, October 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global crohn's disease therapeutics market size is expected to reach USD 4.7 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a 2.4% CAGR during the forecast period. Increasing awareness of the disease, coupled with rising initiatives by regulatory bodies for development of novel treatment options, is estimated to provide the market with high growth potential.
For instance, the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA), in collaboration with Pfizer, supports research projects related to inflammatory bowel diseases and has offered three grants in their name. The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation, European Federation of Crohn's & Ulcerative Colitis Associations, and American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association are some of the organizations providing funds for research.
Furthermore, increase in prevalence of Crohn's disease has directed many companies to collaborate with various regulatory bodies and research institutes to introduce novel and effective treatment for the condition. In 2016, Pfizer's Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) collaborated with Johns Hopkins University to discover new medicines to treat Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Crohn's Disease Therapeutics Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Therapy Type (Anti-inflammatory, Immune System Suppressors, Antibiotics, Surgical), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/crohns-disease-therapeutics-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The global Crohn's disease therapeutics market size was estimated at USD 3.8 billion in 2016 and is expected to register a CAGR of 2.4% from 2017 to 2025
- Anti-inflammatory emerged as the largest therapy type segment in 2016 due to its efficacy, while immune system suppressors emerged as the fastest growing segment owing to reduction in surgeries and hospitalization rates
- North America dominated in terms of revenue in 2016 owing to rise in prevalence of the disease and increase in involvement of regulatory bodies in terms of funding R&D initiatives
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness lucrative growth at a CAGR of over 4.0% over the forecast period due to various developments in healthcare infrastructure and rapid economic development across major emerging economies such as India and China
- Some of the key players in the market are Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.; Pfizer Inc.; Allergan; and AbbVie Inc.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Orthopedic Bone Cement Market - The global orthopedic bone cement market size was estimated at USD 692.8 million in 2016.
- Healthcare Satellite Connectivity Market - The global healthcare satellite connectivity market size was valued at USD 5.1 billion in 2016 and is projected to grow with CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period.
- Non-PVC IV Bags Market - The global non-PVC IV bags market size was estimated at USD 1.11 billion in 2016.
- Histology and Cytology Market - The global histology & cytology market size was estimated at USD 8.6 billion in 2016.
Grand View Research has segmented the global Crohn's disease therapeutics market on the basis of therapy type and region:
- Crohn's Disease Therapeutics Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Immune system suppressors
- Crohn's Disease Therapeutics Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.