SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 18, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global composite adhesive market size is anticipated to reach USD 4.41 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 3.9% from 2020 to 2027. Growing demand for composites across several end-use industries to produce lightweight products is expected to augment product consumption.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The Middle East & Africa is expected to register the fastest CAGR of 5.4% over the forecast period owing to increase in manufacturing of composites in Africa
- Asia Pacific was the largest regional market in 2019 and accounted for a revenue share of more than 46.0%
- The region will retain its leading position throughout the forecast years due to the rapidly expanding manufacturing sector in developing economies like India
- India is expected to lead the Asia Pacific regional market, registering a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period, owing to increasing production of composites in the country
- The acrylic product segment is anticipated to register the fastest growth rate of 4.1% in terms of volume over the forecast period, due to the rising preference for acrylic over epoxy
- The aerospace & defense end-use segment is projected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 4.4%, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period, due to the high demand for lightweight composite materials in this sector
Read 100 page research report with ToC on "Composite Adhesive Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Acrylic, Epoxy), By End-use (Automotive & Transportation, Aerospace & Defense), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/composite-adhesive-market
The demand for adhesives in assembling structures is now quite prominent when compared to mechanical fasteners. Their usage in composites enables the manufacturers to remove hole drilling and leverage the cascading advantages of weight reduction and low cost in overall assembled structures. In addition, they help reduce the production cycle, which is of vital importance in various industries, especially automotive.
The market is expected to witness steady growth over the forecast period owing to the availability of a wide variety of products, such as epoxy, acrylic, and polyurethane, which are used depending upon the application requirements. For example, epoxy is preferred in applications that require high strength and durability. Automotive & aerospace are the key end-use segments as the adoption of composites is increasing in these industries owing to benefits including better aesthetics and structural integrity.
The increasing utilization of composites in several industries is boosting its production and thereby propelling the demand for adhesives. In July 2019, BFG Africa opened a new facility in South Africa for producing fiber-reinforced plastic for catering to various industries including wind, mining, automotive & transportation, and infrastructure. Such investments are anticipated to prove fruitful for market growth over the forecast period.
The U.S. is a prominent market and is anticipated to witness steady growth in the upcoming years on account of growing investments. For instance, the U.S. Federal Government will invest USD 139 million in advanced vehicle technologies, of which, various projects shall be dedicated to composites. For example, as per the announcement in July 2020 by the U.S. Department of Energy, the Scale-Up Research Facility (SURF) will work for Ford and General Motors where the two projects are valued at USD 15 million.
Ford's project is multi-functional smart composite structures with electronics integration for smart vehicles, while General Motors' project includes the development of tailored fiber-reinforced composite materials systems for high-volume manufacturing of structural battery enclosure. Such investments in the country are anticipated to boost market growth over the forecast period.
The market is highly competitive owing to the presence of several companies across the globe. The majority of these companies have faced losses in 2020 owing to the shutdown of manufacturing operations as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, which impacted the production & consumption of adhesives. Several manufacturers withdrew their 2020 predictions on account of uncertainty in the market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global composite adhesive market on the basis of product, end-use, and region:
- Composite Adhesive Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Composite Adhesive End-use Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Automotive & Transportation
- Aerospace & Defense
- Electrical & Electronics
- Composite Adhesive Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Composite Adhesive Market
- Ashland Inc.
- Dow Inc.
- Henkel AG & Cp. KGaA
- Huntsman Corp.
- Illinois Tool Works Inc.
- Lord Corp.
- Strategic Initiatives
- Permabond LLC
- Sika AG
Find more research reports on Plastics, Polymers & Resins Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Medical Grade Silicone Rubber Market– Medical grade silicone rubber usage is regulated by numerous agencies across the globe. There has been an upsurge in the number of regulations covering the usage of silicone rubber in implants and medical devices.
- Thermal Spray Coatings Market– The rapid growth of industries, such as paints and coatings, automotive, aerospace, medical, and packaging, is driving the demand for these materials, which could hamper the continuous flow of raw materials in the value chain.
- Pouches Market– The global packaged food market has been significantly growing from the past few years owing to changing lifestyles and innovations in food processing techniques, which in turn is expected to fuel the demand over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.