SAN FRANCISCO, November 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global cardiac prosthetic device market is expected to be over USD 8.7 billion by 2025, based on a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for minimally invasive devices has provided greater growth prospects for the market. New product development through technological advancements is anticipated to foster market growth. The major companies are focusing on expanding their product life and safety benefits of the cardiac prosthetic devices. Such initiatives undertaken by the key players have resulted in increasing survival rates and low stroke rates for transcatheter aortic valves.
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) is covered by Evidence Development (CED) Coverage provided by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Cardiac pacemakers are also covered under Medicare program. Initiatives for reimbursement from the government for such devices are anticipated to boost the demand for cardiac prosthetic devices.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Cardiac Prosthetic Devices Market Size And Forecast By Product (Heart Valves [Mechanical Valve, Tissue Valve, Transcatheter Valve]), Pacemakers [Implantable Pacemakers, External Pacemakers]) And Trend Analysis From 2014 To 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cardiac-prosthetic-devices-market
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- Heart valve segment was one of the largest segments in 2015 owing to rising prevalence of valvular disease and heart valve failure.
- Pacemakers segment is expected to grow significantly, owing to rising reimbursement policies for pacemaker-related surgeries.
- Mechanical heart valve segment contributed toward the one of the largest market share in 2015 owing to its increasing product longevity. Moreover, they provide better hemodynamic efficiency. Since mechanical valves are made up of strong durable materials, such as titanium and carbon, they are preferred over other cardiac prosthetic devices.
- Transcatheter valve is expected to exhibit lucrative CAGR over the forecast period. TAVR has shown improved patient survival rate as compared to medical therapy. In the past years, it has evolved as a minimally invasive alternative treatment for surgical valve replacement.
- Implantable pacemakers are one of the highest revenue generating segments owing to their greater applicability pertaining to heart failure (HF) and other cardiovascular diseases like stroke.
- North America contributed toward the largest market share of around 40.0% in 2015. This is primarily due to the fact that the number of pacemaker implantations has increased amongst the Americans over the past two decades. Moreover, companies are focusing on commercial availability of technologically advanced devices in the U.S.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness highest CAGR over the forecast period owing to the growing geriatric population in Japan. In 2015, the geriatric population base accounted for around 27% in Japan.
- Some key companies in this market are Medtronic, Inc.; St. Jude Medical, Inc.; Boston Scientific Corporation; Edwards Lifesciences Corporation; Abbott Vascular; Siemens Healthcare GmbH; and Sorin Group.
- New product development through introduction of advanced technology and mergers & acquisitions are some of the key strategies adopted by the companies to enhance the demand for cardiac prosthetic devices. For instance, in 2015, St. Jude Medical and Thoratec, a company that specializes in mechanical circulatory support technology for the treatment of advanced HF, entered into a definitive agreement aiming at acquisition of the outstanding shares of Thoratec.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/acute-coronary-syndrome-market
- Glucose Monitoring Device Market- http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/glucose-monitoring-device-market
- Infectious Vaccines Market- http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/infectious-vaccines-market
- Neurovascular Intervention Devices Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/neurovascular-intervention-devices-market
Grand View Research has segmented the Cardiac prosthetic device market on the basis of product:
- Cardiac prosthetic device market Product Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Heart valves
- Mechanical valve
- Tissue valve
- Stented tissue valve
- Stentless tissue valve
- Transcatheter valve
- Implantable pacemakers
- Single-Chamber Battery Pacemaker
- Dual-Chamber Battery Pacemaker
- Triple-Chamber Battery Pacemaker
- External pacemakers
- Implantable pacemakers
- Heart valves
- Cardiac prosthetic device market Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- North America
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Read Our Blogs - grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.