SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global blood group typing market size is anticipated to reach USD 3.44 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 9.7% during the forecast period. Factors, such as rising usage of blood group typing in forensic sciences and prenatal testing, increasing number of blood transfusions due to number of road accidents, and growing demand for blood and associated products are projected to drive the growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- PCR-based and microarray technique segment is expected to register the fastest CAGR during the forecast period, due to increasing R&D activities focused on antibody-antigen interactions coupled with high prevalence of chronic diseases
- Consumables segment held the largest market share in 2018 among the products due to increase in number of transfusions and surgical procedures involving organ transplants
- Asia Pacific is projected to exhibit the fastest CAGR during the forecast period, attributed to the factors such as rising per capita healthcare expenditure, prevalence of chronic diseases, and improving healthcare infrastructure
- Key players of operating in the blood group typing market include Grifols, S.A.;Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.;Merck KGaA; Immucor, Inc.; Novacyt Group; Danaher Corporation; Agena Bioscience, Inc.; Ortho Clinical Diagnostics; and Quotient, Ltd.
Read 100 page research report with ToC on "Blood Group Typing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Consumables, Instruments), By Techniques (PCR-based & Microarray, Assay-based), By Test Type, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/blood-group-typing-market
Blood group typing determines and identifies the O, A, B, and AB blood groups with the help of laboratory tests. The test is mandatory before transfusion as it enables checking compatibility of the blood types of the donor and the recipient along with determining the Rh factor. These tests are also performed to determine Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn (HDN) in pregnant women, which is anticipated to further drive the growth.
Consumables dominated the product segment in 2018 and is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period due to the increase in surgical procedures, such as organ transplantation. Factors, such as increasing use of serological fluids and reagents in laboratories and high blood donation rates are anticipated to further fuel the segment growth. North America held the largest share of the global blood group testing market in 2018. Asia Pacific is anticipated to register the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
Lack of awareness, proper blood service infrastructure, and skilled professionals, as well as the risk of transmissible diseases such as HIV and hepatitis B are some of the factors that may impede the growth of the market for blood group testing.
Grand View Research has segmented the global blood group typing market based on product, technique, test type, and region:
- Blood Group Typing Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Blood Group Typing Technique Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- PCR-based and Microarray Techniques
- Assay-based Techniques
- Massively Parallel Sequencing Techniques
- Other Techniques
- Blood Group Typing Test Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Antibody Screening
- HLA Typing
- Cross-matching Tests
- ABO Blood Tests
- Antigen Typing
- Blood Group Typing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Clinical Diagnostics Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Blood Culture Tests Market – The global prefilled syringes market size was valued at USD 8.6 billion in 2016 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 11.2% over the forecast period.
- Blood Screening Market – The global disposable syringes market size was valued at USD 6.4 billion in 2015. The market is expected to grow due to growing demand for injectable drugs.
- Blood Testing Market – The global smart syringes market was valued at USD 4.75 billion in 2015. The high growth is anticipated on account of the increasing prevalence of various target diseases.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.