SAN FRANCISCO, May 24, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global active wound care market size is anticipated to reach USD 2.2 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.7% from 2022 to 2030. The increasing prevalence of chronic and acute wounds, rapidly aging population, rising number of diabetic patients, and surge in research and development activities are the major factors driving the market.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- Based on product, the biomaterials segment dominated the market and accounted for a revenue share of 44.4% in 2021, owing to an increase in research and development and the launch of novel products.
- Based on application, the chronic wound segment is likely to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period, owing to an increase in the number of diabetic foot ulcers and pressure ulcers.
- Based on end-use, the hospital segment dominated the market, owing to the increasing number of admissions for wound injuries and the developing healthcare infrastructure.
- North America dominated the market with the highest revenue share of more than 59.0% in 2021 owing to the large presence of key players and rising adoption of advanced active wound care products.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary, "Active Wound Care Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis By Product (Biomaterials, Skin-substitute), By Application (Chronic Wounds, Acute Wounds), By End Use (Hospitals, Specialty Clinics), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2022 - 2030", published by Grand View Research.
Active Wound Care Market Growth & Trends
The rising demand for skin grafts is a primary driver of market expansion. Burn care and treatment have recently changed to a more holistic strategy that focuses not only on healing from burn injury but also on enhancement in long-term function and shape of the healed lesion, as well as the quality of life. As a result of this trend, the need for grafting and other substitutes in the treatment and management of acute burns has increased and continues to rise.
Skin grafts are commonly utilized on partial and full-thickness burns and play a significant role in burn injury treatment. Furthermore, these grafts give a more intact extracellular matrix, which benefits wound healing. Because of the existence of a foundation membrane, skin grafts allow for efficient re-epithelization and provide greater control over scaffold composition. In terms of absorbency and frequency of dressing change, it also outperforms other dressing materials. The aforementioned benefits are expected to fuel the market's overall expansion.
Furthermore, there are several growth factors known to impose significant effects on surgical use, including PDGF, VEGF, FGF, epidermal growth factor (EGF), keratinocyte growth factor (KGF), transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-), granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), and others, due to advancements in genetic engineering and biological technology. Growth factors attract cells into wounds, boost their proliferation, and have a great impact on extracellular matrix deposition. It has led to statistically significant improvements in tissue repair. Such factors are contributing to market growth.
Active Wound Care Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global active wound care market based on product, application, end-use, and region:
Active Wound Care Market - Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- Biological Skin-substitute
- Synthetic Skin-substitute
- Growth Factors
Active Wound Care Market - Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- Chronic Wounds
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous leg ulcers
- Other chronic wounds
- Acute Wounds
- Surgical & traumatic wounds
Active Wound Care Market - End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- Specialty Clinics
- Home Healthcare
Active Wound Care Market - Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of the Active Wound Care Market
- Smith & Nephew
- Tissue Regenix
- Organogenesis Inc.
- Acell Inc.
- Integra Life Sciences
- Solsys Medical
- Osiris Therapeutics Inc.
- Cytori Therapeutics Inc.
- Human BioSciences
- Wright Medical Group N.V
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Advanced Wound Care Market - The global advanced wound care market size is anticipated to reach USD 10.8 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2022 to 2030. An increase in the aging population and the increasing number of diabetic patients are some major factors driving this market's growth. For instance, according to Administration for Community Living's profile on older Americans, the U.S. population aged 65 and above was estimated to be 54.1 million in 2019, which is about 19% of the U.S. population. This population increased by about 36% from 2009 to 2019 and is projected to reach 80.8 million by 2040, and 94.7 million by 2060. As the elder population is more prone to wounds, an increasing number of elder populations is anticipated to propel the market growth during the forecast period.
- Wound Care Market - The global wound care market is anticipated to reach USD 29.57 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 4.12% during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing number of surgical cases, rapidly ageing population as well as rising number of diabetic patients are among the major factors driving this market's growth. For instance, according to Ageing Asia, as of 2019, more than 139 million people i.e., about 10% of the total population in India were over the age of 60, This is expected to increase up to 19.5% in 2050. Geriatric population are more susceptible to wounds, and thus, increasing number of elder populations, the wound care market is anticipated to propel during the forecast period.
- Bioactive Wound Care Market - The global bioactive wound care market is expected to reach USD 11.9 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The prevalence of chronic skin conditions, such as pressure ulcers, diabetic foot, and other skin-related infections is on the rise. Bioactive wound care products offer available line of treatment, which act efficiently in curing the aforementioned conditions.
Browse through Grand View Research's Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Grand View Compass | Grand View Pipeline
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.