The success of approved stem cell therapies has caused a surge in interest of biopharma developers in this field; many innovator companies are currently progressing proprietary leads across different phases of clinical development, with cautious optimism
LONDON, March 4, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Roots Analysis has announced the addition of "Global Stem Cells Market: Focus on Clinical Therapies, 2020–2030 (Based on Source (Allogeneic, Autologous); Origin (Adult, Embryonic); Type (Hematopoietic, Mesenchymal, Progenitor); Lineage (Amniotic Fluid, Adipose Tissue, Bone Marrow, Cardiosphere, Chondrocytes, Corneal Tissue, Cord Blood, Dental Pulp, Neural Tissue Placenta, Peripheral Blood, Stromal Cells); and Potency (Multipotent, Pluripotent))" report to its list of offerings.
There is a growing body of evidence supporting the vast applicability and superiority of treatment outcomes of stem cell therapies, compared to conventional treatment options. In fact, the unmet needs within this domain have spurred the establishment of many start-ups in recent years.
To order this 500+ page report, which features 185+ figures and 220+ tables, please visit this link
Key Market Insights
Over 280 stem cell therapies are under development, most of which are allogeneic products
More than 50% of the pipeline candidates are in the mid to late phase trials (phase II and above), and allogenic therapies (majority of which are derived from the bone marrow) make up 65% of the pipeline.
70% of pipeline candidates are based on mesenchymal stem cells
It is worth highlighting that the abovementioned therapies are designed to treat musculoskeletal (22%), neurological (21%) and cardiovascular (15%) disorders. On the other hand, hematopoietic stem cell-based products are mostly being evaluated for the treatment of oncological disorders, primarily hematological malignancies.
Close to 85% stem cell therapy developers are based in North America and Asia-Pacific regions
Within these regions, the US, China, South Korea and Japan, have emerged as key R&D hubs for stem cell therapies. It is worth noting that majority of the initiatives in this domain are driven by small / mid-sized companies
Over 1,500 grants were awarded for stem cell research, since 2015
More than 45% of the total amount was awarded under the R01 mechanism (which supports research projects). The NCI, NHLBI, NICHD, NIDDK, NIGMS and OD emerged as key organizations that have offered financial support for time periods exceeding 25 years as well.
Outsourcing has become indispensable to R&D and manufacturing activity in this domain
Presently, more than 80 industry / non-industry players, based in different regions across the globe, claim to provide contract development and manufacturing services to cater to the unmet needs of therapy developers. Examples include (in alphabetical order) Bio Elpida, Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult, Cell Tech Pharmed, GenCure, KBI Biopharma, Lonza, MEDINET, Nikon CeLL innovation, Roslin Cell Therapies, WuXi Advanced Therapies and YposKesi.
North America and Asia-Pacific markets are anticipated to capture over 80% share by 2030
The stem cell therapies market is anticipated to witness an annualized growth rate of over 30% during the next decade. Interestingly, the market in China / broader Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to grow at a relatively faster rate.
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit this link
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leading developers of stem cell therapies?
- Which types of clinical conditions can be treated using stem cell therapies?
- Which cell lineages and types of stem cells are commonly used for therapy development?
- Who are the key contract service providers engaged in this domain?
- How is the current and future market opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
- What kind of key commercialization strategies are being used by stem cell therapy developers?
The USD 8.5 billion (by 2030) financial opportunity within the stem cell therapies market has been analyzed across the following segments:
- Source of stem cell
- Origin of stem cell
- Type of stem cell
- Lineage of stem cell
- Adipose Tissue
- Bone Marrow
- Cord Blood
- Route of Administration
- Surgical Implantations
- Therapeutic Area
- Autoimmune / Inflammatory Disorder
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Metabolic Disorder
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Oncological Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
- Ophthalmic Disorders
- End Users
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Specialty Clinics
- Key Geographies
- North America
- Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World
The report features inputs from eminent industry stakeholders, according to whom stem cell therapies are currently considered to be a promising alternatives for the treatment of a myriad of disease indications, with the potential to overcome challenges associated with conventional treatment options. The report includes detailed transcripts of discussions held with the following experts:
- William L Rust (Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Seraxis)
- Xuejun Huang Parsons (Chief Executive Officer, Xcelthera)
- Michel Revel (Co-Founder and Chief Scientist, Kadimastem) and Galit Mazooz-Perlmuter (Director, Business Development, Kadimastem)
- Kikuo Yasui (Director and Chief Operating Officer, Heartseed)
- Gustav Steinhoff (Director and Chairman, Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Rostock)
- Gilles Devillers (President, Bio Elpida)
- Fiona Bellot (Business Development Manager, Roslin Cell Therapies)
- David Mckenna (Professor and American Red Cross Chair in Transfusion Medicine, University of Minnesota)
- Brian Dattilo (Manager of Business Development, Waisman Biomanufacturing)
- Mathilde Girard (Department Leader, Cell Therapy Innovation and Development, YposKesi)
The research covers brief profiles of several companies (including those listed below); each profile features an overview of the company, financial information (if available), stem cell therapy portfolio and an informed future outlook.
- Hope Biosciences
- Japan Regenerative Medicine
- Lineage Cell Therapeutics
- Orchard Therapeutics
- Osiris Therapeutics
- Pluristem Therapeutics
- Promithera Biosciences
- Stempeutics Research
- SCM Life Sciences
For additional details, please visit
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- Stem Cell Therapy Contract Manufacturing Market, 2019-2030
- Antibody Drug Conjugates Market (5th Edition), 2019-2030v
- Cell and Advanced Therapies Supply Chain Management Market, 2019-2030: Focus on Technological Solutions
- Global T-Cell (CAR-T, TCR, and TIL) Therapy Market (4th Edition), 2019 – 2030
SOURCE Roots Analysis