SAN FRANCISCO, July 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global window covering market size is expected to reach USD 36.8 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 4.2%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing number of households, rising per capita income, and rapid urbanization in emerging countries are some of the major factors driving the industry.
Key suggestions from the report:
- By type, blinds and shades are projected to ascend at a CAGR of 4.5% over the forecast period
- By application, the residential sector held the largest share in the market
- The offline channel held an overall revenue share of 84.6% in 2018
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing regional window covering market with a CAGR of 5.1% over the forecast period.
Read 80 page research report with TOC on "Window Covering Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Blinds & Shades, Curtains), By Application, By Distribution Channel, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/window-covering-market
Blinds and shades accounted for 39.5% share of the overall revenue in the market based on type of the coverings. Changing trends and introduction of technologies in the product are some of the factors driving the segment. Curtains accounted for 31.5% share of the overall revenue due to their easy accessibility and cost-efficient features.
On the basis of application, the residential sector dominated the window covering market with a share of 55.8% in 2018. Increasing households in countries such as India and China due to rapid urbanization and various government schemes are among the prominent factors for the segment growth. The commercial sector is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 4.2% in the forecast period. Growing hospitality industry due to increasing tourism in countries such as Thailand, Malaysia, and other European countries are driving the segment.
The offline segment accounted for 84.6% share of the overall revenue. Purchasing behavior of the consumer from wholesalers and other home décor outlets is likely to drive the segment in the forecast period. The online segment is anticipated to register the fastest CAGR of 4.7% over the forecast period. Growing usage and penetration of internet in the rural areas is anticipated top fuel the segment growth in the forecast period.
North America is the leading regional market and it accounted for 40.0% share of the overall revenue in 2018. Growing usage of various types of products due to emerging technologies and frequent changing trends are some of the prominent factors boosting the market growth in the region. Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest growing region over the forecast period. Increasing number of households and growing commercial sectors such as tourism and corporate sector are driving the market in the region.
Grand View Research has segmented the global window covering market on the basis of type, application, distribution channel, and region:
- Window Covering Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- Blinds & Shades
- Window Covering Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- Window Covering Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- Window Covering Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
Find more research reports on Consumer Goods Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Anti-Pollution Skincare Products Market – The global anti-pollution skincare products market size was estimated at USD 9.07 billion in 2018 and is likely to expand further at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2019 to 2025.
- Specialty Printing Consumables Market – Growing use of printing consumables in offices and educational institutions and the need for large-scale printing in commercial sectors such as textile and packaging has been driving the growth.
- Drinkware Market – The drinkware market is driven by factors, such as significant product demand from the hospitality and food service industry and increasing beverage consumption.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.