FELTON, California, Aug. 6, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Wheelchair Market is predicted to rise considerably in the forecast period owing to the growing geriatric population & physically disabled people that require wheelchairs and increasing spinal cord injury patients. A wheelchair is a wheeled mobility device that is pushed by either manually or by different automated systems. Wheelchairs are used by the physically disabled people who have difficulty in walking or for people who feel walking impossible due to psychological illnesses, disability or injury. Most wheelchairs have handles attached at the top rear of the seat as a grip for push and pull.
An ideal wheelchair incorporates a seat, footrests and four wheels; two caster wheels at front and two large wheels at the back. Wheelchairs are used for indoor as well as for outdoor purposes. Innovation in these devices like sports wheelchairs, smart wheelchair, and stairclimbing wheelchairs is predicted to stimulate the demand for wheelchairs market in near future. Customized wheelchairs designed for daily use or for a specific activity are also available in the market.
Patients with strong upper body but weak lower body use manual wheelchair and the ones who are permanently disabled use electric wheelchairs. The solar powered with a retractable roof wheelchairs is also accessible where solar panels are entrenched on the top in place of batteries.
Get Sample PDF and read more details about the "Wheelchair Market" Report 2022.
The geriatric population are prone to chronic diseases like hypertension, cardiac disorders, and mobile impairment due to which the demand for wheelchairs is expected to rise significantly in the years to come, thereby affecting wheelchairs market. Another major trend to attract wheelchairs market is the increasing number of medical emergencies due to the factors like industrial accidents, road mishaps, natural disasters, fire breakout and more. The increasing number of such incidences enforce healthcare facilities to keep sufficient stock of mobility products, workforce and operation theaters. However, the high cost of the electric wheelchairs and lack of awareness are few factors are restraining the growth of wheelchairs market.
The market is categorized on the basis of product type, category, design and function, end user, and geography. On the basis of product type, market manual wheelchair and electric wheelchairs. Electric wheelchairs are expected to rise significantly in future owing to its innovative features. Electric wheelchairs are further divided as front wheel drive, central wheel drive, rear wheel drive, standing electric wheelchair, and others.
Based on category, wheelchairs market is divided into adult wheelchair and pediatric wheelchair. In terms of design and function, the market is classified into basic wheelchair, bariatric wheelchair, sports wheelchair, standing wheelchair, and others. Based on end user, wheelchairs market is divided into homecare and healthcare centers. Geographically, the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is predicted to hold larger share of market owing to increasing population in developing economies.
The key players in wheelchair market are Aquila Corporation, Aspen Seating, EASE Seating System, Invacare Corporation, Ottobock Healthcare, 21st Century Scientific Inc., Permobil AB, GF Health Products Inc., Pride Mobility Products Corporation, LEVOAG, MEYRA GmbH, Hoveround Corporation, Drive Medical, Eagle Sportschairs LLC., Medical Depot Incorporation and Sunrise Medical LLC.
Browse research report with TOC on "Global Wheelchair Market" at: https://www.millioninsights.com/industry-reports/wheelchair-market
- The reports help answer the following questions:
- What is the size of the wheelchair market in the world and in different countries?
- How is the market split into different types of wheelchairs?
- How are the overall market and different product types growing?
- How is the market predicted to develop in the future?
- The latest industry data included in the reports:
- Demand for wheelchairs, 2011 - 2022
- Wheelchair market size by product type, 2011 - 2022
- Growth rates of the overall market and different product segments, 2011 - 2022
- Shares of different product segments of the overall market, 2011, 2017, and 2022
- The market data is given for the following product segments:
- Manual wheelchairs
- Motorized wheelchairs
- Wheelchair parts
- Among the key reasons to purchase include the following:
- Gain an outlook of the historical development, current market situation, and future outlook of the wheelchair market in the world to 2022
- Track industry developments and identify market opportunities
- Plan and develop marketing, market-entry, market expansion, and other business strategies by identifying the key market opportunities and prospects
- Save time and money with the readily accessible key market data included in the reports. The data is clearly presented and can be easily incorporated into presentations and internal reports.
Browse reports of similar category available with Million Insights:
- Dental 3D Printing Market
- Automated Immunoassay Analyzer Market
- Bone Conduction Devices Market
- Retinal Implant Market
About Million Insights:
Million Insights, is a distributor of market research reports, published by premium publishers only. We have a comprehensive market place that will enable you to compare data points, before you make a purchase. Enabling informed buying is our motto and we strive hard to ensure that our clients get to browse through multiple samples, prior to an investment. Service flexibility & the fastest response time are two pillars, on which our business model is founded. Our market research report store, includes in-depth reports, from across various industry verticals, such as healthcare, technology, chemicals, food & beverages, consumer goods, material science & automotive.
Research Support Specialist, USA
Toll Free: 1-866-831-4085
SOURCE Million Insights