SAN FRANCISCO, May 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global water and wastewater treatment equipment market size is anticipated to reach USD 38.65 billion by 2025, according to a new report published by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to register a CAGR of 3.68% during the forecast period. Growing demand for clean water mainly due to increasing population, rapid urbanization, and infrastructure development across the globe have augmented the growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- U.S. water and wastewater treatment equipment market revenue is projected to register a CAGR of 1.28% over the forecast period. Membrane separation technology gaining more importance in the region owing to increasing R&D towards microfiltration and ultrafiltration.
- Russia was valued for USD 2.60 billion in 2018 and is projected to have robust growth over the forecast period, owing to implementation of stringent governmental policies and high demand for waste water treatment
- China is anticipated to reach USD 3.84 billion by 2025. In 2018, the country had the major chunk of regional market share. It is the largest population in the world, leading to high demand for energy, fuel, and fresh water; driving the growth
- Some of the major market players include Suez Environment SA; Ecolab Inc.; DowDuPont Inc.; Xylem Inc.; Calgon Carbon Corporation; Pentair Plc.; Veolia Environment SA, and 3M.
Read 122 page research report with TOC on "Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Equipment (Membrane Separation, Disinfection, Biological), By Process, By Application, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/water-and-wastewater-treatment-equipment-market
Growing industrial sectors including food and beverages, chemicals, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, power, metal and mining, textiles, semiconductors, and oil and gas, results in increase in consumption of clean water which is expected to drive the water and wastewater treatment equipment market.
On the basis of equipment, the market is segmented into membrane separation, biological, disinfection, and sludge dewatering. In terms of revenue, membrane separation segment was valued at USD 6.16 billion in 2018 and is projected to account for the largest market share over the forecast period.
Based on application, industrial waste segment was valued at USD 21.86 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 28.13 billion over the forecast period. The establishment of new production units in emerging markets including Mexico, Brazil, China, India, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, and Iran is expected to play a key role in increasing the industrial application. Growing population and rapid urbanization are expected to augment fresh water consumption and generation of municipal waste. This factor is projected to propel the demand for water and wastewater treatment equipment in near future.
In terms of process, tertiary treatment segment is expected to reach USD 16.59 billion by 2025 and witnessing robust CAGR over the period of forecast. Growing adoption of technologies such as reverse osmosis, microfiltration, nanofiltration, and disinfection among others for wastewater treatment, in light of their ability to provide reduction in operating expenditure is likely to supplement demand. Primary treatment segment is projected to register the fastest CAGR of 4.29% from 2019 to 2025.
Grand View Research has segmented the global water and wastewater treatment equipment market based on equipment, process, application, and region:
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- Membrane Separation
- Sludge Dewatering
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Process Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- Primary Treatment
- Secondary Treatment
- Tertiary Treatment
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- Municipal Waste
- Industrial Waste
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2015 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central and South America
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Water & Sludge Treatment Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Industrial Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market – The market for these chemicals is expected to grow significantly over the next few years due to the expected growth in volume of sludge owing to the growing level of industrialization.
- Ozone Generation Market – The global market for ozone generation is expected to witness significant growth over the next decade owing to water scarcity and increasing need to treat waste water and conserve natural water.
- Fracking Water Treatment Market – Growing need to treat water used during hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling to prevent groundwater contamination is expected remain a key factor driving global fracking water treatment market over the next seven years.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.