LONDON, January 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Warrior Sports Inc. and Liverpool Football Club today announced a deal which sees Warrior become the Club's Official Kit Supplier. The deal, which will come into play from June 1st 2012, will see Warrior create the Liverpool FC home, away and third kits, as well as their training wear for the next six years.
Owned by Boston based New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc., the move represents the starting point in Warrior Sports' global football journey partnering with one of the biggest club sides in the history of world football. Warrior Sports recognises the heritage of Liverpool FC and has employed industry experts in design, development, marketing and implementation to ensure that the brand has the best people on hand to support the Partnership.
Richard Wright, General Manager for Warrior Sports comments: "At Warrior Sports we pride ourselves on high performance and an incredible desire to win. Our Partnership with Liverpool FC, a football institution and recognised brand name across the world, is the perfect fit. Warrior Sports has ventured into football to bring our knowledge of making top level product to a new playing field. We are not the sort of brand that is going to keep our head down. We are here to shake up the world of football and our Partnership with one of the most successful club teams of all time is just the start."
Ian Ayre, Managing Director of Liverpool Football Club, added: "Liverpool FC is thrilled to be able to announce this fantastic Partnership with Warrior Sports for the 2012-2013 Barclays Premier League season onwards. This is another landmark deal for Liverpool Football Club and once again shows the value of the Club's brand globally. Warrior Sports will bring its own unique brand and ideas to the Partnership, ensuring that they can assist us at the Club both on and off the field of play. Sharing the same focus of domination and winning will be an incredibly important part of this Partnership going forward. As with all our Partnerships we have taken time to form a relationship with the individuals behind this opportunity. I believe that Warrior have some outstanding people we can work closely with to continue to deliver quality products to our fans around the world."
About Liverpool FC:
- Founded in 1892, Liverpool FC is one of the world's most historic and famous football clubs having won 18 League Titles, seven FA Cups, seven League Cups, five European Cups, three UEFA Cups, three European Super Cups and 15 Charity Shields.
- As a socially responsible business, Liverpool FC is proud of its heritage and plays a proactive role in its communities, managing over 20 projects year -- round in education, social inclusion, health and sports development. Its contribution was recognised by the award of a Community Mark from Business In The Community.
- Liverpool FC is a global brand and works with leading edge Partners around the world providing unparalleled commercial opportunities.
About Warrior Sports:
- Headquartered in Warren, Michigan, Warrior Sports is recognized as one of the sporting goods industry's premier manufacturers of innovative, high performance, cutting-edge equipment, footwear and apparel for lacrosse and hockey athletes of all ages and abilities.
- Founded in 1992 by former champion lacrosse player David Morrow, the Warrior Sports brand has been changing the face of sport since its inception, creating performance technology that redefines how the game is played on the pitch and most importantly how the game is viewed off it. Warrior was acquired by privately-held New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc. in February 2004. The 2007 acquisition of Boston based Brine Sporting Goods further established Warrior Sports as the dominant force in the lacrosse world.
SOURCE Warrior Sports Inc.; Liverpool Football Club