SAN FRANCISCO, May 1, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global vaginitis therapeutics market size is expected to reach USD 4.21 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 8.4% during the forecast period. Supportive initiatives by government and non-government agencies to increase awareness level among women is driving the demand for vaginitis drugs. Increased consumption of alcohol is also estimated to fuel the adoption of these drugs. Around 5.3 million women in the U.S. are at risk related to health and general well-being.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Anti-bacterial segment led the market in 2017 owing to the availability of a wide product range and higher number of cases of bacterial vaginosis disease
- Hormone is expected to witness lucrative growth with a CAGR of 9.1% over the forecast period due to the presence of pipeline products and rising adoption of products
- Prescription type held the largest market share in 2017, in terms of revenue. The segment was valued at USD 1.14 billion owing to the higher efficacy and safety of prescribed drugs and availability of a wide range of drugs for severe and recurring vaginitis
- Over the counter is expected to be the fastest-growing type in the coming years with a CAGR of 8.7% due to increasing number of FDA approvals for the treatment of mild vaginitis
- North America is estimated to be the largest regional market. It was the dominant region in 2017, in terms of revenue, owing to of high-quality healthcare services and increasing cases of vaginitis
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region registering a lucrative CAGR over the forecast period. This growth is attributed to favorable government initiatives and rising disposable income along with the presence of a large target population base.
- Key players in the vaginitis therapeutics market are Pfizer, Inc.; Merck & Co.; Novartis AG; Bayer AG; Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Symbiomix Therapeutics, Inc.; and Mission Pharmacal Company
- Most of these companies focus on strategic initiatives, such as collaborations, M&A, and product portfolio expansion. For instance, in October 2017, Lupin Pharmaceuticals acquired Symbiomix Therapeutics to expand its product portfolio.
Read 75 page research report with TOC on "Vaginitis Therapeutics Market Size, Share, & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Anti-fungal, Hormone, Anti-bacterial), By Type (OTC, Prescription), By Region (APAC, MEA, North America), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/vaginitis-therapeutics-market
Furthermore, rising R&D activities for vaginitis therapeutics is anticipated to accelerate the market growth. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)-funded research has discovered various important data about yeast generative behavior, which could result in new way of treatment for yeast infections. In addition, introduction of new drugs by key companies is expected to propel the market growth. For instance, in September 2017, Symbiomix Therapeutics received FDA approval for Solosec (secnidazole) for the treatment of bacterial vaginosis.
Grand View Research has segmented the global vaginitis therapeutics market on the basis of product, type, and region:
- Vaginitis Therapeutics Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Vaginitis Therapeutics Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Over-The-Counter (OTC)
- Prescription (Rx)
- Vaginitis Therapeutics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Pharmaceuticals Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Therapeutic Market – Healthcare infrastructure is improving to support various medical treatments related to such disorders, which will eventually result in the growth of the acute coronary syndrome market.
- Human Rabies Vaccines Market – Increasing global incidences of mortality due to rabies, growing issue of stray dogs in countries with low economic development, rising number of pets, lack of pet management services, low immunization rates in pets, and rising friendliness with pets are drivers estimated to boost growth of human rabies vaccine market.
- Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market – Global hyperhidrosis treatment market is anticipated to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to the surge in the incidences of secondary hyperhidrosis condition globally
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.