DALLAS, December 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
ReportsnReports.com adds UK Contract Catering: Market Insight 2014 research report of 59 pages that reviews the UK contract catering industry and quantifies the market size and historical growth rates, while reviewing key factors behind these figures and exploring drivers of profitability.
The UK Contract Catering: Market Insight 2014 research report says factors such as the rise in the number of people in employment as the economy recovers, the increase in numbers of schoolchildren as the effects of higher recent birth rates feed through, and the increasing number of older people requiring residential care as the population as a whole ages appear increasingly positive. Complete report is available at http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/319725-uk-contract-catering-market-insight-2014.html .
UK contract catering industry has been one of the leaders in the UK's outsourcing revolution but has been impacted by recent, less certain, economic conditions and labour market changes. This research analyzes and discusses performance of leading contract catering service providers. It also analyses drivers of industry growth - in particular relevant macroeconomic indicators such as employment levels and patterns, and more specific factors, like numbers of people in schools and hospitals, which determine demand for contract catering - setting out historical trends and forecasts.
The United Kingdom contract catering market has several attractive characteristics, according to the report. Compared to many support services, the provision of meals offers greater scope for differentiation and has impact on the overall satisfaction of employees. This helps to elevate the purchasing decision from being one purely driven by price, and makes customers reluctant to terminate a contractor relationship while satisfaction levels are high among users of the service. Compared to other catering segments, contract catering is seen as less volatile, benefits from a population of captive end-customers to serve and, as it operates from client premises, has much lower capital intensity.
There is evidence of convergence between contract catering and facilities management, with many of the leading catering companies offering additional services to enable them to increase revenue per contract. Views of customers are split between those who are keen on the idea of contract catering being part of an FM service bundle, to obtain cost and efficiency benefits, and those who see value in keeping it separate, found the report.
Companies mentioned in this United Kingdom (UK) contract catering industry research include Compass UK & Ireland, Sodexo, Aramark, Interserve Catering Services, Baxter Storey, Elior (UK) PLC, CH & Co. Catering, MITIE Catering Services, Servest Catering (7 Day Catering), Harrison Catering, Lindley Catering, Harbour & Jones, Lexington Catering, Bartlett Mitchell, Host Contract Management, The Brookwood Partnership, Holroyd Howe, Quadrant Catering, Massarella Catering Group, Catermasters Contract Catering, Olive Catering Services and Value Catering. Order a copy of this research at http://www.reportsnreports.com/Purchase.aspx?name=319725 .
This report is based on publicly available data including company annual reports, websites, press releases and government statistics, interviews with senior-level contacts in the market and in-depth analysis of the macroeconomic environment and other relevant market drivers. Information from these sources has been synthesised and presented clearly and concisely with extensive use of charts and tables to illuminate points and support conclusions.
Explore more reports by Apex Insight and other newly published research on multiple industries in the United Kingdom at http://www.reportsnreports.com/country/united-kingdom/ .
List of Charts and Tables provided in UK Contract Catering: Market Insight 2014 research report includes:
1. Take-up of school meals / % of pupils
2. UK Outsourced Contract Catering: average revenue per meal by sector / £
3. UK Outsourced Contract Catering market size / £m
4. UK Outsourced Contract Catering market / number of meals served by segment (million)
5. UK Outsourced Contract Catering: average revenue per meal / £, % change from previous year
6. Alternative views of the market / £m
7. Leading operators revenue trend / £m
8. Leading operators pre-tax profit and margin trends / £m, %
9. Employee numbers ('000) and revenue per employee (£'000) for leading operators
10. Historical UK GDP in current prices, inflation (GDP deflator) and real GDP / % annual changes.
11. UK Inflation: Consumer price index and GDP deflator / % annual change
12. UK population growth: historical and forecast / millions
13. Pupils in state-funded schools / '000 and % change from previous year
14. UK students in higher education / '000
15. Hospital beds occupied / '000 and % change from previous year
16. UK residential care beds / '000
17. Typical contract catering cost structure
18. Trends in type of contract
19. Revenue of leading operators / £m
20. Revenue growth for leading operators (2008-13) / % CAGR
21. Pre-tax margins for leading operators / %
22. Revenue per employee for leading operators (most recent year) / £'000
23. Compass UK & Ireland Ltd summary financials
24. Sodexo Ltd summary financials
25. Aramark Ltd summary financials
26. Interserve Catering Services Limited summary financials
27. Baxter Storey Limited summary financials
28. Elior UK plc summary financials
29. CH & Co. Catering Limited summary financials
30. MITIE Catering Services Limited summary financials
31. Servest Catering Limited (7 Day Catering Limited) summary financials
32. Harrison Catering Services Limited summary financials
33. Lindley Catering Limited summary financials
34. Harbour & Jones Limited summary financials
35. Lexington Catering Limited summary financials
36. Bartlett Mitchell Limited summary financials
37. Host Contract Management Limited summary financials
38. The Brookwood Partnership Limited summary financials
39. Holroyd Howe summary financials
40. Quadrant Catering Limited summary financials
41. Massarella Catering Group Limited summary financials
42. Catermasters Contract Catering Limited summary financials
43. Olive Catering Services Limited summary financials
44. Value Catering Limited summary financials
45. UK GDP in current prices (money GDP), inflation (GDP deflator) and real GDP / % annual changes. Historical and OBR forecast
46. Total UK employment / m, % change from previous year
47. Pupils in state-funded schools / '000 and % change from previous year
48. Hospital beds occupied / '000 and % change from previous year
49. UK residential care beds / '000
50. Food price inflation and consumer price inflation
51. UK Outsourced Contract Catering: total numbers of meals served and % change from previous year
52. UK Outsourced Contract Catering market / number of meals served by segment (million)
53. UK Outsourced Contract Catering: average revenue per meal / £, % change from previous year
54. UK Outsourced Contract Catering market size / £m
The Global Contract Catering Market Report: 2014 Edition research says market is segmented into five major end markets namely; business and industry, healthcare and senior, education, sports and leisure, and defense, offshore and remote. Historically, business and industry end market has accounted for maximum revenue generation for the contract catering market. However, it is noteworthy that the long-term growth opportunity lies in the healthcare and education sector. The report on the global contract catering market also incorporates an analysis of overall global foodservice industry. The global foodservice industry section of the report presents an exhaustive study of the market in the four major regions namely; North America, Europe, Japan, and Developing Regions. The foodservice industry of the North American region generates highest revenues from the education sector while Europe, Japan and Developing Regions represent maximum sales in the business and industry.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library of 500,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Not limited to any one industry, ReportsnReports.com offers research studies on agriculture, energy and power, chemicals, environment, medical devices, healthcare, food and beverages, water, advanced materials and much more.
TX, Dallas North - Dominion Plaza,
17304, Preston Road,
Suite 800, Dallas 75252
Connect With Us on:
Facebook: https: //http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReportsnReports/191441427571689
Twitter: https: //twitter.com/marketsreports
G+ / Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/111656568937629536321/posts
RSS/Feeds: http: //http://www.reportsnreports.com/feed/l-latestreports.xml