LONDON, Sept. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- In the fiercely competitive golden age of TV, it's no surprise broadcasters are struggling to attract viewers. They are missing a necessity: a single place to discover and target viewers who are actively searching for new shows.
To help broadcasters with this issue, TVGuide.co.uk has recently launched three new native ad formats:
- Super EPG – A new format that pushes a channel to the top of the TVGuide.co.uk grid, highlighting all content on that channel. The new Super EPG has seen channels increase their organic traffic by as much as 4200%.
- 5 second vertical video interstitials – 87% of TVGuide.co.uk users prefer to view a trailer over a static image. With this in mind, TVGuide.co.uk has created a new video interstitial. This will be the first unit users see when opening the app.
- Instant Ad Sync for TV Shows – The one-of-a-kind TVGuide.co.uk innovation Instant Ad Sync syncs mobile ads with television promos. As users watch an advertisement on TV, a mobile ad will appear at exactly the same time, allowing the user to learn more about a show and set alerts.
A&E, CBS and Sky are the first channel groups to test the new formats, receiving engagement rates 45% higher than the traditional native banners on the TVGuide.co.uk platform.
To create these formats TVGuide.co.uk have built their own home-grown ad server, allowing deeper integration into the TVGuide.co.uk platform. The key benefits of the custom ad server are as follows:
- Increased functionality in campaigns, including the ability to set native alerts, remote record a show and add items to a watch list.
- Ads are served instantly, compared to traditional ad servers such as Google DFP which have delay of up to 20 minutes when a campaign is triggered.
- The ability to create custom reports, detailing more than just views, clicks and conversions. TVGuide.co.uk offers out-of-the-box statistics such as the number of organic views to a show and the typical activities performed by a viewer after being exposed to an advert, including tracking if a user watches the show on their Sky or Virgin box.
Chetan Damani, Managing Director at TVGuide.co.uk, said: "TVGuide.co.uk will continue to focus on building out their native ad serving capabilities, providing a unique marketing platform for broadcasters to drive audiences to their content."
TVGuide.co.uk is the leading global TV and entertainment media platform, redefining TV content discovery, personalisation and engagement into a single immersive experience. With 3 million users on web and 2 million across mobile.
This release was issued through WebWire(R). For more information visit http://www.webwire.com.