SAN FRANCISCO, May 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global tissue engineering market is expected to reach USD 11.5 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. According to the U.S. Centers of Medicare and Medicaid, more than 900 million surgeries are performed for bone reconstruction or replacement. Increasing cases of chronic diseases, road accidents, and trauma injuries is contributing to the growth in development of tissue engineering solutions. In addition, the funding by government for the ongoing research for tissue regeneration is a major driver for market growth.
Currently used tissue repair solutions include surgeries, medical devices, and transplants. Tissue engineering procedures have a huge potential to replace the conventional tissue repair options. The technological advancements in 3D tissue engineering, including use of 3D bio-printers to design in-vitro implants and replacement of embryo cells with proliferative stem cells are likely to boost the market growth in the years to come.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Tissue Engineering Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Cord Blood & Cell Banking, Cancer, GI & Gynecology, Dental, Skin/Integumentary, Orthopedics), And Segment Forecasts, 2012 - 2022" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/tissue-engineering-and-regeneration-industry
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Orthopedics, Musculoskeletal, and Spine segment held majority of the application revenue in the year 2014, due to research funding and new product developments.
- Geistlich Pharma launched bone-harvesting instruments in 2016, for the collection of autogenous bones. This product restores bone volume and properties.
- Cardiology and vascular segment is likely to grow at the fastest rate in the coming years, pertaining to rapidly rising incidence rate of cardiovascular diseases due to lifestyle changes.
- The focus on cardiovascular tissue engineering solutions is expected to increase as cardiovascular disorders is one of the major causes of death across the globe.
- North America held majority of revenue share, due to presence of major market players in the region, huge R&D funding, and growing base of geriatric population.
- Zimmer Biomet acquired Ortho Transmission for its pioneered technology, which could restore limb amputee patients. With this acquisition, Zimmer can efficiently work on its current project received by the department of defense, U.S.
- Asia Pacific is likely to showcase the fastest growth rate in the coming years, owing to the foreign direct investments in this region.
- In 2013, Japanese Ministry of Healthcare approved clinical trial for developing induced pluriponent stem (iPS) cells for blindness.
- Stryker Corporation, Medtronic, Inc., Organogenesis, Inc., Zimmer Biomet, Acelity, Athersys, Inc., Tissue Regenix Group Plc and RTI surgical, Inc. are some of the key players operating in this market.
- New product developments, mergers and acquisitions are some of the strategies undertaken by these companies to strengthen their market presence.
- ReproCell, Inc. acquired Biopta in 2015 to gain advantage on Biopta's clinical network in the U.S and the UK.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Rubella Diagnostic Testing Market - Rising prevalence of chronic diseases due to togavirus is the major factor driving the rubella diagnostic testing market.
- NGS Data Analysis Market - The Global Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis market was valued at USD 459.1 million in 2015.
- Liquid Biopsy Market - The Global liquid biopsy market was valued at USD 18.38 million in 2015 projected to grow multifold by 2030.
- Proteomics Market - The global proteomics market was valued at over USD 11.8 billion in 2015.
Grand View Research has segmented the tissue engineering market based on application and region:
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2012 - 2022)
- Cord Blood & Cell Banking
- GI, Gynecology
- Orthopedics, Musculoskeletal, & Spine
- Cardiology & Vascular
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.