LONDON, June 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The deeply divisive EU Referendum is the result of political factions misleading the electorate. Both campaigns are right in much of what they say. Brexit's correct about the inability to control our borders, red tape and the restriction on global trading. Remain is right to point out that there would be damage to trade and that our ability to stand up to major players such as Russia and China would be weakened. However, no middle way is on offer and we are stuck with a blunt Yes or No choice, neither of which will be completely in our best interests.
Martyn Greene, Campaign Director:
"The EU referendum is proving to be a powerful catalyst for change and is helping us reach a much wider audience. With all the major parties now in meltdown, the time is right to reform a system that is well past its sell-by date."
The breakout of civil war in the Tory party and the collapse of its opposition is clear evidence that tribal politics is dying. This phenomenon is repeated throughout the Western World with extreme parties and extreme politicians gaining ground. After years of being lied to or ignored, voters now seek anti-establishment candidates instead. The status quo is under unprecedented pressure but we must do everything in our power to ensure that whatever change takes place is for the better.
The aim of the Campaign is to revitalise our democracy, having all MPs selected on merit rather than on a party ticket. We also advocate this at a local level and have already attracted support from a growing number of local independence associations.
"Given the Conservative party only has a majority of 17 seats, any breakaway movement would immediately hold the balance of power."
- A list of our proposed reforms is available here;
- FAQs are listed here
- The Campaign has secured a £6m funding package to find the best independent candidate in all Westminster constituencies in the 2020 General Election.
- Entrants must sign up to the Bell Principles
- Lord Digby Jones supports the Campaign.
- Two secure voting platforms have been commissioned to facilitate the Primary Competitions and hold regular opinion polls, Vote England and Vote Scotland
- Letter to MPs can be found here
SOURCE Free Parliament