SAN FRANCISCO, March 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global solid state drive (SSD) market size is expected to reach USD 25.51 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 14.7% during the forecast period. The market is majorly driven by increasing penetration of high-end cloud computing, growing adoption of SSDs in data centers, and numerous advantages of SSDs over hard disk drives (HDDs).
Intensive use of social media, booming online commerce, and surge in media content will play a critical role in driving the SSD market over the forecast period. The average household's storage capacity is expected to increase over the coming years due to popularity of smartphones and tablets, which has allowed consumers to generate large volumes of digital data and content. This has led to growing demand for sufficient capacity to store content.
Rising adoption of SSDs in data centers is a result of various factors such as its greater efficiency compared to traditional HDD storage, increased demand for storage infrastructure, and advancements in enterprise-level SSD in terms of reliability and performance. Enterprises prefer SSDs because they consume less energy, allow for reduction in sprawl, and result in a smaller environmental footprint.
The North American region led the market in terms of revenue in 2016. The exchange rate of hard disk drives (HDDs) with SSDs is higher in North America as compared to other regions. Similarly, manufacturers are focusing on product differentiation and innovation to increase geographical reach as well as revenue. This will further help accelerate demand for SSDs.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Solid State Drive (SSD) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (External, Internal), By Storage, By End Use (Enterprise, Client), By Region, Competitive Landscape, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/solid-state-drives-industry
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Intensive use of social media, booming online commerce, and surge in media content will play a critical role in driving the SSD market over the forecast period
- The average household's storage capacity is expected to increase over the coming years due to popularity of smartphones and tablets, which has allowed consumers to generate large volumes of digital data and content. This has led to growing demand for sufficient capacity to store content
- The South America and MEA markets are majorly driven by increasing usage of laptops and smartphones embedded with SSDs. Increasing knowledge about advantages of SSDs over HDDs is expected to boost demand for SSDs over the forecast period in these regions. On the other hand, high price of SSDs is expected to negatively impact demand
- Key players in the market include Intel Corporation; Micron Technology, Inc.; Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.; Seagate Technology PLC; and Western Digital Corporation.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Electrophotographic Printing Market - Global electrophotographic printing market is expected to witness robust growth over the coming six years. Increasing usage of electrophotographic printing in the packaging industry is the key driver contributing to the market growth over the forecast period.
- Printer Market - The global printer market is expected to witness growth over the forecast period owing to the large-scale use of various printing devices in the U.S., Germany, Japan, China, Mexico, India, and the UK.
- Camera Accessories Market - Global Camera Accessories market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of more than 4% over the forecast period. From memory cards to DSLR lenses and miniature flash sticks, the camera accessories market is propelled to flourish.
- High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) Power Supply Market - The global HVDC power supply market is expected to reach USD 3.56 billion by 2022. High energy efficiency, long distance transmission, and low price are a few benefits expected to contribute substantially towards industry growth over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global solid state drive market based on type, storage, end use, and region:
- Solid State Drive Type Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Solid State Drive Storage Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Under 120 GB
- Above 2TB
- Solid State Drive End Use Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Solid State Drive Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- The Middle East & Africa
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/semiconductors-and-electronics
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.