IndustryARC, March 27, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
According to the new market research report by IndustryARC "Social Contextual Advertising Market: By Type (Desktop, Mobile); By Type of Data Source (Political, Commercial, Retail, Government, Others); By Deployment (In-house, Out-Sourced); By Geography (2018-2023)," the market accounted for $43.50 Billion in 2017, estimated to grow with the CAGR of 31.94% and to reach $229.48 Billion by 2023.
Social media has provided individuals and businesses with an opportunity to network and connect with each other. In addition, with an advent of digitization, various social networking platform has been deployed by the companies to serve the needs of individual groups. Companies such as Goneighbour and Nextdoor are addressing the needs of complete neighborhood by keeping them informed and connected. Whereas certain social networking platforms such as WeChat is dominating the complete Chinese market and in medium to long term, it is expected to catch up with the total number of WhatsApp users. The immense opportunity in the existing market and to address the unmet needs, more number of players are expected to enter the market.
United States dominates the Social Contextual Advertising market during 2018-2023
As per IndustryARC analyst Vinod Madhu, the social contextual advertising market will witness a strong growth because of the growing internet users and penetration of social networks in rural areas. Countries such as United States, and other European countries is expected to witness a state of uncertainty for short period of time because of concerns over recent data leak through the biggest social networking platform - Facebook data. The period of turmoil is expected for only short period of time and United States will emerge as the global leader in social contextual advertising market. In 2017, United States total revenue for social contextual advertising market was $22 Billion is expected to reach approximately $103 Billion by 2023.
Europe will be the second biggest market after North America. The total penetration of social network in Western Europe is approximately 65% of the total internet users and approximately 49% of the total population. By 2023, Asia-Pacific will outperform the European market because of growing population, decreasing internet tariff, mobile cost and most important digitization policies adopted by various governments. China will dominate the Asia-Pacific market followed by India.
Selected Market Analysis in Social Contextual Advertising Market Report:
The total number of data breaches 9000+ million isn't just limited to one company, there are several other companies which has become part of this act. Companies such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Uber and Yahoo can be accounted for major user data leaks or third party leaks because of improper security measures. Approximately 3 Billion users profile were leaked when Yahoo security wall was breached, LinkedIn accounted for approximately 100 Million user profiles, Twitter accounted for 30 Million and JP Morgan Chase for 76 Million user account.
With the recent Facebook data breach, companies and governments across various countries are recognized that a holistic strategy for security is incomplete without securing the user information from predators. Going forward, stakeholder in social contextual advertising market will give an utmost importance for the cyber security adoption and the level of priority it deserves. It is expected that in very short term government across various countries will reform their attitude towards cyber security and will make a mandate for the stakeholder in the ecosystem to adopt the most efficient security solution to protect data from any further vulnerabilities. Thus with social contextual advertising market, its allied market i.e. cyber security will witness a huge impact from short to long term.
The launch of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by the European Union, which is set to take effect on May 25th, 2018. This can and is already changing the way in which businesses operating in EU and holding any data related to EU residents, with regards to protection and handling of this data. Considering the fact that every company will have some exposure to this data, as Europe is a key market for operations and revenues, the GDPR law will have a profound impact on data privacy regulations globally and on contextual advertising also. The law includes hefty fines of up to 4% of annual sales or 20 million Euros for the offending companies. The GDPR act can hence indirectly regulate and streamline the contextual advertising, targeted advertisement businesses in the near future.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
Market Growth Factors in Social Contextual Advertising Market:
- Increasing processing power and bandwidth coupled with introduction of new formats like live broadcasting, virtual reality videos will make this advertising environment increasingly attractive and competitive. The main driver of future developments is technology. 5G connections will be up to 100 times faster than today's mobile telecommunications technologies. These developments will allow complex video ads to be displayed.
- The Stories feature of Instagram and Snapchat provides a story that is only available for a limited time before it deletes itself. This feature allows for so-called influencer marketing, whereby brands are endorsed by social media users with large amounts of followers. This would drive the market in terms targeting localized advertisements.
- Banner advertising is one of the most common forms of Digital Advertising. It allows a huge range of different formats from small text based ads to complex animated banners, but also comes in various shapes, sizes and formats and are displayed on a website accessed via desktop PCs, on a mobile-enabled website or in an app. Typical formats are skyscrapers, wallpapers, interstitials or pop-ups, which usually link to a landing-page of the advertiser. Banner Advertising offers several different approaches nowadays. Advertisers can choose between private marketplaces where advertisers can select and buy ads from premium publishers or totally automated buying processes. Banner advertisements attract a huge number of audience and provides huge click conversion rates. The banner advertising segment would attract huge many advertisers during the forecast period given the aforementioned factors.
- In addition to static banners rich media banners are enabled with sounds, animations and videos. Videos to be played instead of a static banner outside of a certain video player are considered as rich media. The deciding criterion is not the moving image itself, but if it is in pager or in-stream.
To access / purchase the full report browse the link below
Key players in Social Contextual Advertising Market:
Notable players in the social contextual advertising market comprise of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Youtube and others. Facebook is the leading player in social contextual advertising market comprising 65% of the market share. The market has witnessed various acquisitions and partnerships such as Facebook acquiring WhatsApp. Strategies such as Collaborations, Mergers and Joint Ventures are also assertively being adopted by the companies to meet new horizons in product development and to achieve greater market exposure.
Companies citied (40+):
- Company 12
- Company 13
- Company 14
- Company 15
Social Contextual Advertising Market Report is segmented as indicated below.
- Social Contextual Advertising, By Type
- Social Contextual Advertising, By Data Sources
- Social Networking Sites
- Video sharing sites
- Image sharing sites
- Chat Applications
- Social Contextual Advertising, By Industry
- Music and Entertainment
- Aviation and Tourism
- Electronic Goods
- Oil & Gas
- Fashion & Apparel
- Consumer Durables
- Social Contextual Advertising, By Deployment
- In house
- Out Sourced
- Social Contextual Advertising By Geography ( Covers 15+ Countries )
- Social Contextual Advertising Entropy
- Company Profiles
- Appendix: Abbreviations, Sources, Research Methodology, Bibliography, Compilation of Experts, Disclaimer.
What can you expect from the report?
The Social Contextual Advertising Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 16 points:
- Market Size by Product Categories
- Market trends
- Pricing Analysis
- Top 10 End user Analysis
- Product Benchmarking
- Product Developments
- Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Demand Analysis ( By Revenue)
- Country level Analysis (15+)
- Competitor Analysis
- Market Shares Analysis
- Strategic Analysis
- Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Revenue and Volume Analysis
Does IndustryARC publish country, geography Market Reports?
Yes, we do have separate reports as mentioned below:
- America Social Contextual Advertising Market (2018-2023)
- Europe Social Contextual Advertising Market (2018-2023)
- Asia Pacific Social Contextual Advertising Market (2018-2023)
- Middle East and African Social Contextual Advertising Market (2018-2023)
- Global Social Contextual Advertising Market Tracker (2011-2030) - Subscription (40+ countries and 100+ companies, 50+ products with analysis on other advertising platforms remarketing, and startups)
Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
- Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
- Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
- Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
- Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
- Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team; we can provide a separate quote based on your requirement. You can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.
To request for a proposal provide your details in the below link:
IndustryARC is a Market Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as ICT, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.
Connect with us on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/industryarc
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IndustryARC