DUBLIN, Oct. 06 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t2d65f/bosch_sensortec) has announced the addition of the "Bosch Sensortec BMI160 - Reverse Costing Analysis" report to their offering.
Bosch is now the top MEMS supplier with a production of more than 4 millions MEMS per day. This strong growth is due to both consumer applications and automotive applications.
With a size of only 7.5mm² (3×2.5mm), the BMI160 is the smallest 6-Axis IMU MEMS on the market and features 60% volume reduction compared to previous BMI055. This size reduction has been made possible by the use of a new design and process for the MEMS Gyro and by the integration in one ASIC die for the control of both MEMS. The BMI160 is a 16-bit digital resolution accelerometer and gyroscope well suited for applications requiring extremely small form factors.
Bosch has worked on the power consumption with a low power mode for the significant motion and step detector functions, using a 7-axis accelerometer. Moreover, the unique ASIC die can perform the fusion of the data from the accelerometer and gyroscope with those from an external sensor.
The report is including a detailed technical and cost comparison with the previous generation BMI055 and the state of the art 6-Axis MEMS IMU from Invensense.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Introduction, Bosch Sensortec Company Profile
3. Physical Analysis
- Package Views & Dimensions
- Package Openin
- Package Cross-Section
- ASIC Die
- View, Dimensions & Marking
- Main Blocks Identification
- Process Identificatio
- MEMS Die
- View, Dimensions & Marking
- Bond Pad Opening
- Cap Removed & Cap Details
- Sensing Area Details
- Cross-Section (Sensor, Cap & Sealing
- Process Characteristics
- Consumer 6-Axis MEMS IMU Comparison (Bosch Sensortec BMI055 & BMI160, Invensense)
5. Manufacturing Process Flow
6. Global Overview
- ASIC Front-End Process & Wafer Fab Unit
- MEMS Process Flow & Wafer Fab Unit
- Package Process Flow & Assembly Unit
7. Cost Analysis
- Yields Hypotheses
- ASIC Front-End Cost
- ASIC Back-End 0 : Probe Test & Dicing
- ASIC Wafer & Die Cost
- MEMS Gyro & Accelero Front-End Cost
- MEMS Gyro & Accelero Front-End Cost per process steps
- MEMS Gyro & Accelero Back-End 0 : Probe Test & Dicing
- MEMS Gyro & Accelero Wafer & Die Cost
- Back-End : Packaging Cost
- Back-End : Final Test & Calibration Cost
- BMI160 Component Cost
- Consumer 6-Axis IMU Comparison
8. Estimated Price Analysis
9. Consumer 6-Axis MEMS IMU Cost Comparison (Bosch Sensortec BMI055 & BMI160, Invensense)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t2d65f/bosch_sensortec
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets