DUBLIN, June 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Healthcare Biometrics Market by Technology (Single-factor (Fingerprint, Face, Iris, Palm, Behavioral), Multifactor, Multimodal), Application (Workforce Management), End User (Hospitals, Healthcare Institutions) - Global Forecast to 2021" report to their offering.
The healthcare biometrics market is projected to reach USD 2,848.3 Million by 2021 from USD 1,182.6 Million by 2016, at a CAGR of 19.2% during the forecast period. The growth of this market is majorly driven by government initiatives to support the implementation of biometrics in healthcare facilities and increasing healthcare fraud & medical identity theft. On the other hand, the high cost of biometric devices and issues related to the use of biometric technologies are the major factors limiting the growth of the market.
Based on technology, the market is segmented into single-factor authentication, multi-factor authentication and multimodal authentication. The multi-factor authentication segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR due to the demand for secure authentication platforms from developed countries and wider acceptance of multi-factor authentication among healthcare providers. By type, the single-factor authentication market is sub-segmented into contact biometrics and non-contact biometrics. In 2016, contact biometrics is expected to account for the largest share of the single-factor authentication market by type. However, the market for non-contact biometrics is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth in this segment is attributed to the non-intrusive nature of non-contact biometrics (as it allows data to be captured even from a distance) and its speed of identification.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the healthcare biometrics market. The report analyzes the healthcare biometrics market by technology, application, end user, and region.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the healthcare biometrics market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market strategies, geographical and business segments, and product portfolios of the leading players in the healthcare biometrics market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the market for healthcare biometrics market across geographies.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products and services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the healthcare biometrics market.
- 3M Cogent, Inc. (A Subsidiary of 3M Company)
- Bio-Key International, Inc.
- Crossmatch Technologies, Inc. (A Subsidiary of Francisco Partners)
- Fujitsu Limited
- Imprivata, Inc.
- Lumidigm (A Subsidiary of Assa Abloy Group)
- Morpho (A Subsidiary of Safran Sa)
- Nec Corporation
- Suprema, Inc.
- Zkteco, Inc.
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Premium Insights
5 Market Overview
6 Regulatory Scenario
7 Healthcare Biometrics Market, By Technology
8 Healthcare Biometrics Market, By Application
9 Healthcare Biometrics Market, By End User
10 Healthcare Biometrics Market, By Region
11 Competitive Landscape
12 Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cr8mrt/healthcare
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets