DUBLIN, May 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Quality Control Laboratory Compliance - cGMPs and GLPs: One and a Half-day In-person Seminar" conference to their offering.
FDA inspection and oversight of quality control (QC) laboratories are essential elements of the agency's evaluation of the compliance status of regulated companies representing multiple industries - pharmaceuticals, biologics, medical devices, as well as foods and cosmetics - as well as the contract QC laboratories which service these industries. Lack of compliance can result in severe regulatory actions, criminal liability, fines, and the inability to obtain product approvals.
This course will examine the fundamental requirements for all QC laboratories subject to FDA inspection, recent trends from FDA inspection reports and enforcement actions. In addition, this course will include a list of relevant regulations and guidelines and demonstrate how quality control and quality assurance personnel can monitor industry practices to stay current with FDA requirements (cGMPs and GLPs).
- The basics of FDA law and regulations governing QC laboratories responsible for testing research materials, components of FDA-regulated products, and finished FDA-regulated products (pharmaceuticals, biologics, medical devices, cosmetics, and foods).
- Laboratory organization, personnel qualification and training requirements.
- Documentation and record-keeping requirements, including e-records and data integrity.
- Sample integrity requirements.
- Management and control of stability (shelf-life) studies.
- Analytical methods verification and validation.
- Management and control of laboratory instruments.
- Management and control of laboratory supplies.
- Proper conduct of laboratory investigations.
- Consequences of laboratory non-compliance.
Day 01 (8:30 AM - 4:30 PM)
08.30 AM - 09.00 AM: Registration
09.00 AM: Session Start
Basics of FDA law and regulations for QC laboratories
- What is adulteration?
- Medical Devices
- What is CGMP?
- Medical Devices
- What is GLP?
- What is AIP?
- Contract Laboratories
- FDA inspection methodology
- Personnel qualification and training
Documentation and record-keeping requirements
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Analytical Methods
- Raw data (notebooks, print-outs)
- Document management (change control, retention)
- Part 11 (electronic records and signatures)
Sample integrity requirements
- Sample collection
- Sample delivery, handling, disposition
- Retain samples
Stability (shelf-life) studies
- Organization and management
- Storage units
- Analytical methodology
Day 02 (8:30 AM - 1:00 PM)
Analytical methods verification and validation
Management and control of laboratory instruments
Management and control of laboratory supplies
- Reagents, chemicals
Proper conduct of laboratory investigations
- Out-of-specification results
- Out-of-norm results
- Root cause analysis
Consequences of laboratory non-compliance
For more information about this conference visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9kswz5/quality_control
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716