DUBLIN, Jan. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Primary Carnitine Deficiency Forecast in 19 Major Markets 2018-2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides the current prevalent population for CDSP across 19 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Poland, Netherlands, Russia, Turkey, Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. In addition to the current prevalence, the report provides an overview of the risk factors, diagnosis and prognosis of the disease, along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Systemic Primary Carnitine Deficiency (CDSP) is a rare autosomal recessive disorder caused by mutations in the SLC22A5 gene encoding organic cation transporter type 2 (OCTN2) that transports carnitine across cell membranes. To date, more than 160 unique mutations in the SLC22A5 gene have been reported, and the type of mutation affects the severity of symptoms, with some carriers of less severe mutations being asymptomatic.
Providing a value-added level of insight, several features of CDSP patients, as well as the main symptoms and comorbidities of the disease have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities of CDSP include:
- Hepatic and cardiac signs and symptoms
- Proximal muscle weakness
- Developmental delay
- Respiratory distress
Reasons to Buy:
- Ability to quantify patient populations in global CDSP market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of CDSP and identification of patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Better understanding of the impact of specific co-morbid conditions on the prevalent population of CDSP patients.
- Identification of CDSP patient sub-populations that require treatment.
- Better understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of CDSP patients.
Key Topics Covered:
- Cause of the Disease
- Risk Factors & Prevention
- Diagnosis of the Disease
- Variation by Geography/Ethnicity
- Disease Prognosis & Clinical Course
- Key Comorbid Conditions / Features Associated With the Disease
- Methodology for Quantification of Patient Numbers
- Top-Line Prevalence for Primary Carnitine Deficiency
- Features of Primary Carnitine Deficiency Patients
- Abbreviations Used in the Report
- Other Services & Solutions
- Reports & Publications
- Online Epidemiology Databases
- Online Pharmaceutical Pricing Database
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bcp77t/primary_carnitine?w=5
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets