SAN FRANCISCO, May 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global prebiotics market is expected to reach USD 7.11 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for fiber rich food products is expected to drive the market.
Rising investment in the food & beverage industry for innovation and development of new food products enriched with prebiotics coupled with rising demand in dietary supplements application particularly in infant foods is expected to propel market growth over the forecast period. In addition, rising use of prebiotics in animal feed is expected to drive the demand. Growing emphasis on improving overall health is also expected to fuel product demand over the next eight years.
Emergence of prebiotics as an alternate to antibiotics is expected to fuel demand in animal feed applications. Increasing dairy production is expected to have a positive impact on market over the next eight years.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Prebiotics Market Analysis By Ingredient (FOS, Inulin, GOS, MOS), By Application (Food & Beverages, Animal Feed, Dietary Supplements) And Segment Forecasts To 2024: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/prebiotics-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Inulin accounted for over 40.0% of the global prebiotics market in 2015 in terms of revenue. Rising health benefits coupled with easier availability from natural sources including banana, garlic is expected to drive the market demand. Inulin is also widely used to treat diabetes owing to its increased antioxidant activity thus propelling demand.
- Galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) accounted for a significant share owing to growing use in dietary supplements. GOS have several health benefits including improving bone mineralization by improving calcium absorption, preventing colon cancer, stimulating bifidobacteria growth and substituting human milk oligosaccharides. These health benefits are expected to drive the market demand.
- North America demand for prebiotics was valued over USD 280.0 million in 2015. Rising demand for prebiotics enriched food products among consumers in the region to improve their digestive health is expected to drive the market demand. Prebiotic dietary supplements are expected to witness significant growth owing to rising focus on preventive healthcare.
- Dietary supplements application is expected to grow at a fastest CAGR on account of increasing consumption in Europe and North America owing to rising health consciousness among consumers and growing importance of prebiotics in weight management in the region. Growing innovation in the field of prebiotic rich protein/fiber supplements is expected to propel growth over the forecast period.
- Global prebiotics industry was highly fragmented on account of presence of numerous players. FrieslandCampina Domo, Paramus, NJ, was a key market player in 2015. The company product portfolio includes functional peptides and hydrolysates, bioactive proteins and galacto-oligosaccharides for use in nutraceutical products. Friesland markets its prebiotics under the brand name, Vivinal GOS intended for fruit juices and milk products.
Grand View Research has segmented the global prebiotics market on the basis of ingredient, application and region:
- Global Prebiotic Ingredient Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Fructo-oligosaccharide (FOS)
- Galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS)
- Mannan-oligosaccharide (MOS)
- Others(Oligosaccharides, chicory fructans, HMO, XOS)
- Global Prebiotic Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Prebiotic food and beverages
- Dairy products
- Baked food
- Fermented meat products
- Dry food prebiotics
- Prebiotic dietary supplements
- Food supplements
- Nutritional supplements
- Specialty nutrients
- Infant foods
- Animal feed prebiotics
- Global Prebiotic Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- L-Carnitine Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/l-carnitine-market
- Chocolate Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/chocolate-market
- Liquorice Shellac Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/liquorice-shellac-market
- Gourmet Salt Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/gourmet-salt-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.