SAN FRANCISCO, March 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global permanent magnet market size is expected to reach USD 38.53 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The industry is anticipated to grow, primarily on account of increasing performance efficiency requirements and miniaturization of various automotive parts including sensors and electronic systems.
The growth of the industry is characterized by rising accessibility of quality magnets containing lesser content of hazardous elements such as dysprosium which is likely to drive the demand. The raw materials used for the production of permanent magnets are procured from low cost manufacturers located in China and other mineral rich regions to reduce the production cost.
The sudden shortage of rare earth elements led to the emergence of numerous research methodologies for developing alternatives to these elements. The focus of the research was particularly high in North America and Europe owing to the scarcity of rare earth element deposits in these regions.
The industry is also subject to various technological advancements such as the launch of "Lewis", a fast-track supermagnets manufacture project by the U.S. Department of Energy. The use of advanced technology programs coupled with the infusion of additional capital by the national governments to improve the production process is expected to drive the market growth.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Permanent Magnet Market Size, Share & Trend Analysis Report By Product (Ferrite Magnet, Rare Earth), By Application (Automotive, Electronics, Industrial) By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2013 - 2024" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/permanent-magnets-industry
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Rare earth magnet is expected to be the fastest-growing segment, in terms of revenue, registering a CAGR of 9.3% from 2015 to 2024 owing to extensive usage of dense as well as bonded magnets in automotive applications
- The use of ferrite magnets in automotive application is anticipated to be the fastest growing segment, registering a CAGR of 8.7% on account of its increasing usage in motors for fuel pump, door closing, antenna lift, engine starter and windshield washer
- The industry in China is expected to account for a market revenue of USD 14.75 Million by 2024 on account of low magnet price coupled with high consumption by the automotive and industrial applications
- The industry is comprised of industry players operating on price differentiation which is expected to drive the demand. Key manufacturers operating in the market lay extensive focus on integration from raw material supply to manufacturing process to reduce production cost
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Metal Packaging Market - The Global metal packaging market is anticipated to grow over the forecast period on account of increasing health awareness among consumers as well as nutrition retaining properties of metal packaging.
- Solar Control Window Film Market - The global solar control window film market size was USD 505.1 million in 2015 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6% from 2016 to 2024.
- Lightweight Materials Market - The global lightweight materials market size was USD 104.8 billion in 2015 and is expected to witness growth at a CAGR of over 8% from 2016 to 2024.
- Metal Aerosol Can Market - The global metal aerosol can market size was USD 2.82 Billion in 2015 and is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the permanent magnets market on the basis of product, application and region.
- Permanent Magnet Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2013 - 2024)
- Rare Earth
- Permanent Magnet Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2013 - 2024)
- Rare Earth
- Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2013 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/advanced-materials
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.