-- The global authority on PC gaming recorded a record-breaking month following the redesign of PCGamer.com
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In the first month since unveiling its brand new website, PC Gamer experienced record-breaking growth in engagement. In October, PC Gamer enjoyed its highest month to date with over 52 million pageviews globally, up 109% over the previous record of 29.5 million.
PCGamer.com's global relaunch featured an enhanced user experience with a responsive design platform enabling PC Gamer content to display comfortably on any device. The new design led to an increase in pages per visit, up 111%, with the average time per user on site up 22%. In addition, PCGamer.com's bounce rate is down 12%, highlighting the success of the new editorial strategy.
The relaunch has placed renewed emphasis on hardware content, with a dedicated Hardware Editor creating a new series of component buyer's guides, custom PC builds, and easy-to-follow technical advice for players just getting started. The new site also increased the production of video content, including impressions on new releases, event coverage and high-res footage of games running on the team's $10,000 super computer, The Large Pixel Collider.
Tim Clark, Global Editor-in-Chief of PC Gamer, says: "We've been absolutely delighted by the response from readers so far, but also see this new design as just the first step. We have big plans in terms of how our hardware, e-sports and video coverage are going to evolve, so stay tuned for those."
With over 20 years of heritage, PC Gamer currently reaches over 9.1 million monthly unique users through PCGamer.com and has 2.75 million followers on Facebook, more than any other videogame publication. PC Gamer's global team works around the clock to bring readers breaking news, expert reviews, and in-depth features.
"At Future, we are relentless in our objective to create unique content that connects with our audiences, the relaunch of PC Gamer has been a resounding thumbs up from our readers in achieving this. The performance of the site and the overall engagement levels have surpassed our own expectations, with the renewed emphasis on Hardware being a highlight," said Zillah Byng-Maddick, CEO Future PLC.
To experience the new PC Gamer website, please visit www.pcgamer.com.
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- Future has operations in the UK, US and Australia creating publications, apps, websites and events.
- Future holds market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Music, and the Creative sector.
- Future attracts more than 52 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com and musicradar.com.
- Future sold more than 13 million magazines last year. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film and Xbox: The Official Magazine.
- Videos created by Future had over 143 million views last year.
- Future, and its portfolio, reaches over 15 million people on social media.
- Future has over 190 licensing & syndication agreements in 88 countries worldwide, and exports over 55 titles.
- Follow Future plc on Twitter at www.twitter.com/futureplc and on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/future-publishing
SOURCE Future plc