SAN FRANCISCO, April 4, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global password management market size is expected to reach USD 2.05 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 19.4% during the forecast period. Increasing complexity of compliance, regulatory, and risk management environment in businesses are promoting the implementation of password management solutions across several industries worldwide. In addition, strict and complex password creation rules and mandates by governments are playing a vital role in shaping future of the market.
With upswing in the number of transactions sent via internet every day, it has become more imperative to follow secure and safe password management practices. Passwords help in protecting online information such as emails, bank accounts, medical records, and more. Breaches that occurred in 2015 with various enterprises such as Home Depot, Target, TJX, and Heartland Payment systems helped in creating widespread awareness regarding significance of using unique passwords for each online account. Most security professionals recommend use of password management applications as the most secure and practical way for people to follow safe password practices.
Password management use is not only restricted to enterprises, but also helpful to individual users as it is a security tool for their accounts and devices. Additionally, it is widely used by end-users to audit, secure, monitor, and manage all the activities associated with privileged accounts.
Mobile device password management is poised to post the highest CAGR of 19.8% between 2017 and 2025. These solutions help organizations secure mobile devices, including tablets and smartphones, from threats. Password security applications help in securing the devices even in offline mode in absence of internet connection.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Password Management Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type, By Access Type (Desktops, Mobile Devices), By Organization Type (BFSI, Healthcare), By End-User Type, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/password-management-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Desktops & laptops emerged as the largest access type segment in 2016 and is estimated to contribute more than 35.0% of the overall market revenue by 2025
- Global demand for password management solutions in mobile devices amounted to USD 113.3 million in 2016 and is anticipated to witness phenomenal growth over the coming years
- The U.S. enterprise market for password management was USD 80.1 million in 2016
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period owing to various developments across major economies, especially in terms of emergence of Internet of Things (IoT) and BYOD trends. The regional market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 20.9% from 2017 to 2025
- Key players including CA Technologies, Quest Software, NetIQ, and SailPoint Technologies dominated the global password management market while accounting for over 19% of the total revenue in 2016.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Network Security Market - Network security has become important with the advent of internet. There are large amount of personal, commercial and government information on networking infrastructure worldwide.
- Software Defined Storage (SDS) Market - The global Software-Defined Storage (SDS) market size was valued at USD 1,900.9 million in 2015.
- Data Center Security Market - The global data center security market size was valued at USD 6.36 billion in 2015.
- Military Radar Market - The global military radar market size was valued at USD 8.09 billion in 2015.
Grand View Research has segmented the global password management market on the basis of type, access type, organization, end user, and region:
- Password Management Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Self-service password management
- Privileged user password management
- Password Management Access Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Mobile devices
- Desktops & laptops
- Voice enabled password systems
- Password Management Organization Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Small & medium organization
- Password Management End user Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Public sector & utilities
- Retail & wholesale distribution
- Telecom & IT
- Password Management Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/technology
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.