NEW YORK, May 16, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global oncology nutrition market size is expected to reach USD 3.92 Billion in 2030 and register a revenue CAGR of 8.6% over the forecast period. Rising need to maintain proper nutrition for cancer patients and increasing investments in clinical research and development of more enhanced nutritional products by major players are driving oncology nutrition market revenue growth.
Various companies are investing in development of cancer nutrition products to fulfill the ongoing need to provide proper nutrition to cancer patients as they suffer from malnutrition. Oncology nutrition solutions are expected to provide superior outcomes in terms of treating malnutrition in cancer patients. According to National Cancer Institute, in 2019, there were estimated 16.9 million cancer survivors in the United States. The number of cancer survivors is projected to increase to 22.2 million by 2030. Nutritional assistance is offered exclusively for 30%–60% of cancer patients during and after the treatment of cancer that helps them to gain strength and ability to fight the disease and improves stamina to reduce after-effects of the therapy such as malnutrition, anemia, and constipation, among others. Accurate and early diagnosis of cancer and providing oncology nutrition to patients at an early stage can help them to recover quickly and prevent from malnutrition.
Request a Sample Report – https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1374
The global oncology nutrition market is expected to be driven by other major factors such as rising number of deaths due to various types of cancer globally, and increasing requirement to fulfil nutritional needs of cancer patients during and after treatment. According to World Health Organization (WHO), cancer is a leading cause of death worldwide, accounting for nearly 10 million deaths in 2020, or nearly one in six deaths. In addition, awareness campaigns in various countries by healthcare organizations about advantages of nutritional needs for cancer patients and initiatives taken by federal organizations is contributing to market revenue growth. In 2016 for instance, the Italian Association of Medical Oncology, the Italian Society of Artificial Nutrition and Metabolism, and the Italian Federation of Volunteer-based Cancer Organizations formed collaborative group and launched structured project called 'Integrating Nutritional Therapy in Oncology'. The goal was to raise awareness of oncologists regarding nutritional issues and consequently improving nutritional care of cancer patients in Italy.
Some Key Highlights from the Report
- In April 2020, Esperer Onco Nutrition, which is a India-based startup company, launched a range of nutrition supplements for patients suffering from cancer. These supplements target patients before, during and after treatment, and help patients to avoid cancer-related weight loss.
- Nutritional support is recommended for stomach & gastrointestinal cancer patients to fulfill the required nutrition during and after their treatment due to many side effects such as loss of appetite and issues with digestion, difficulty in swallowing and feeling full after eating small amounts of food. Nutrition could be provided with oral, Enteral Nutrition (EN), and Parenteral Nutrition (PN). Enteral nutrition (EN) has been proven to help maintain intestinal barrier function, immunity, and gut dysbiosis and provide a valid nutritional option for patients with dysphagia or obstruction when the oral intake does not satisfy the nutritional requirements.
- The clinic segment is expected to register a steady revenue growth rate during the forecast period. Anorexia, decreased food intake, lethargy, weight loss, muscle loss and deterioration in functional ability are all common after treatment effects in patients with advanced cancer. Oncology nutrition is prescribed to cancer patients to meet the nutrition required for faster recovery and to reduce side effects. Nutrition counselling, commercial food supplements, appetite stimulants, enteral nutrition, and parenteral nutrition are among the services provided by clinics to patients, which is driving revenue growth of this segment.
Ask for Customize Research Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1374
- The online pharmacies segment is expected to register a steady revenue growth rate during the forecast period. Online pharmacies have a vast network with medicines of various brands to choose from according to prescription. Increasing trend of buying medicines and other healthcare products from online websites and apps due to benefits offered such as convenience and door-step delivery at any time and wide availability of options compare to offline retail stores are major factors driving revenue growth of this segment.
- The radiation therapy segment revenue is expected to register a steady revenue growth rate during the forecast period. Radiation results in extreme weight loss and the degree of weight loss and malnutrition is determined by the region of the patient's body being treated with radiation, as well as the dose, duration, and volume of treatment. Some of the side effects of radiation therapy include nausea, vomiting, microsites, dysphagia, xerostomia, trismus, diarrhea, enteritis, and malabsorption. After surgery or radiation therapy, extra protein is usually needed to heal tissues and fight infection. During the treatment process, eating can be a difficult task for patients, especially if there are any side effects. Oncology nutrition is used to fulfill the nutrition requirements of a patient which is driving the segment revenue growth.
- Parenteral nutrition segment is expected to register rapid revenue growth rate during the forecast period. Nutrition must be supplied into the patient's bloodstream, bypassing the gut, if the patient's gut cannot absorb nutrients. Some of the reasons behind this style of feeding are blockage (obstruction) or failure of the gut to function (ileus), as well as holes in the gut where eating would aggravate infections. Parenteral nutrition is slowly pumped into the circulation via a drip, and because it might irritate blood vessels, it is generally supplied through a central venous line inserted into a large vein near the heart in the upper arm, chest, or neck. Sugar, carbs, proteins, fats, electrolytes, and trace elements are all delivered to the body via parenteral nutrition, which are necessary for sustaining high levels of energy, hydration, and strength.
- Asia Pacific market is expected to register a steady revenue growth rate during the forecast period, due to number of patients choosing for oncology nutrition to address nutritional requirements of the body before and after cancer treatment is increasing in Asia Pacific. In 2020, according to WHO, there were an estimated 5 million cancer cases in Asia Pacific and risk of developing cancer before the age of 75 years is 17.5%.
- Companies profiled in the global market report include Abbott Laboratories, Danone SA, Nestle SA, Fresenius Kabi AG, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Mead Johnson & Company, LLC., Hormel Foods Corporation, Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Victus Inc., and Global health products Inc.
To identify the key trends in the industry, research study at https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/oncology-nutrition-market
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global oncology nutrition market based on type, end-use, distribution channel, stage, nutrition support, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2030)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Stomach and Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Other Cancer
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2030)
Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2030)
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Stage Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2030)
- Hormone Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Stem Cell Transplant
Nutrition Support Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Enteral Nutrition
- Parenteral Nutrition
Buy Premium Research Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-pricing/1374
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2030)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Explore Trending Research Reports by Reports and Data:
Synthetic Biology Market size was USD 9.26 Billion in 2021 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 26.3% during the forecast period. Rapid scientific and clinical advancements in the field of synthetic biology, increase in synthetic biology-based product innovations due to growing research and development (R&D) activities, and rising investments in synthetic biology-based research by companies are key factors driving market revenue growth.
Biosimilars Market size was USD 15.54 Billion in 2021, and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 21.3% during the forecast period. Termination of patent period of previous reference biologics, increasing prevalence of inflammatory and immune-mediated chronic diseases, and rising demand for biosimilar drugs due to their cost-effectiveness are major factors expected to drive market revenue growth.
Genomics Market size is expected to reach USD 26.70 Billion in 2021 and register a revenue CAGR of 19.0% during the forecast period. Increased use of genomics for diagnosis of rare monogenic disorders, gene discovery, pharmacogenetics, targeted therapy, personalized medicine, prenatal diagnosis, and testing is driving market revenue growth.
Cervical Cancer Diagnostic Market size was USD 5,980 Million in 2021 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period. Growing awareness regarding cancer screening is a major factor driving growth of the market. The increasing cases of cervical cancer across the globe and accuracy of modern pap smear tests are other factors supporting growth of the global market.
Disposable Masks Market size was USD 19.43 Billion in 2021, and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period. Rising air pollution levels and increasing incidence of health airborne diseases and infections are expected to increase personal use of disposable face masks in the coming years, which in turn will drive market revenue growth.
Ultrasound Gel Market size was USD 94.0 Million in 2021, and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 3.4% during the forecast period. Increase in global population, and consequently rise in number of pregnancies over the years has resulted in an increased demand for ultrasound gels in hospitals, clinics, and diagnostic centers, and increasing adoption of ultrasound scans as a painless, non-invasive diagnostic technique are major factors expected to drive market revenue growth during the forecast period.
Antiviral Drugs Market size was USD 36.98 Billion in 2021, and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 3.4% during the forecast period. Rising incidence of influenza, Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) and other viral respiratory infections, introduction of novel and advanced drug formulations, rise in public awareness, and surge in product innovations due to growing Research and Development (R&D) activities are expected to drive market revenue growth during the forecast period.
Cancer Stem Cell Market size was USD 1.14 Billion in 2021 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 11.2% over the forecast period. Increasing cases of cancer and increased funding in global cancer research programs are driving the market revenue growth.
Blood Glucose Test Strips Market size was USD 12.35 Billion in 2021 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. Increasing global prevalence of type-2 diabetes, rising demand for home blood glucose monitoring systems among an increasing number of patients with diabetes and hypoglycemia, and steady shift from venipuncture blood sugar tests to easy-to-use test kits are some of the key factors expected to drive market revenue growth over the forecast period.
Computational Biology Market size reached USD 5.35 Billion in 2021 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 21.0% during the forecast period. Market revenue growth is expected to be driven by factors, such as increasing availability of improved computational tools for genome sequencing, increasing investment in Research and Development (R&D) in genetic engineering and new drug discovery, emergence of Contract Research Organisations (CROs) to assist research organizations, and growing demand for biological data for research.
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
John W Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
LinkedIn | Twitter | Blogs
Read Latest Press Release @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-oncology-nutrition-market
SOURCE Reports And Data