LONDON, February 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Users of Mumsnet, the popular UK parenting forum, have warmly reviewed a new credit card comparison service from price comparison website comparethemarket.com.
The new comparison service is unique in the market, showing customers exactly how much they could save on interest payments by switching credit cards. Simple and intuitive tools enable credit card customers to enter their own details such as current APR and balance transfer amount to get personalised results.
The research lasted for a full week in February 2012 and tasked members of Mumsnet to try out the new service for themselves and post their experiences onto a dedicated thread. The independent reviews were widely positive and included feedback such as:
"Excellent service! Easy to use and understand."
"Clear and concise"
"I could quickly see which card met my needs without having to move backwards and forwards and note details down"
"It's good to see all the options in front of you"
"I found it easy to find all the information I needed"
"I would have considered one of the cards on offer"
Simon McCulloch, Director of Money at comparethemarket.com said: "It's quite a complex business to look at APRs, balance transfer fees and interest free periods to work out how much you could save. So we've made it easy for you to enter this information and find out how much you could save on credit card interest. Products are displayed in order of the saving, with the biggest at the top of the page. We are the only major comparison site offering this service, making it easier for you to make the best choices."
"We are proud of our new service, but wanted to put it to the test. We're therefore absolutely delighted with this positive response from Mumsnet users. The savings are quite remarkable and I would urge anyone to visit comparethemarket.com to see how much you could save too."
comparethemarket.com is backing its new credit cards comparison service with a major advertising campaign across TV, online and outdoor media - the first time the brand's award winning meerkat campaign will focus on non-insurance products.
The company is also extending its hugely successful Simples Rewards scheme to credit card customers*. To date over 600,000 customers have claimed a meerkat toy since the scheme was launched in July 2011 across a range of insurance products.
For further details visit http://www.comparethemarket.com/money/
*Maximum of two credit card claims in a 6 month period. Terms and conditions apply
- Over 100 Mumsnetters added their comments to a thread on Mumsnet asking them to try out the credit card comparison service and give their feedback. The quotes above are taken from the feedback given.
- comparethemarket.com was launched in 2006 and has grown rapidly over the past six years to become one of the UK's leading price comparison websites.
- comparethemarket.com provides customers with an easy way to make the right choice for them on a wide range of products including motor, home, life, travel and pet insurance as well as utilities and money products such as, credit cards and loans.
- comparethemarket.com actively selects its brand partners, working with the best and most trusted organisations to ensure quality service to consumers.
comparethemarket.com is a trading name of BISL Limited. BISL Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Registered Address: Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS. Registered in England number 3231094.
About comparethemarket.com's new credit card and loan comparison service
- comparethemarket.com is introducing a new way for its customers to compare credit cards and loans from December 2011. The aim is to provide customers with an intuitive and simple way to compare credit cards and loans, making it easier to find and select the best product for them. The new comparison service is currently available on credit cards and loans but will be rolled out to other financial products over the coming months. The new credit cards and loans comparison service is based on three key principles:
- Clear comparison based on cost - All variables are taken into account to give customers one overall savings figures for credit cards or a lowest repayment value for loans. We think this approach is unique for credit cards among price comparison sites in showing customers an overall saving/loan repayment figure based on the information they input.
- Personalised comparison - simple and intuitive ways for customers to input and vary their specific requirements in order to find the best product for them.
- Best product first - Products are displayed in order of the saving/repayment figure, which always appears at the top of the page, without exception. There are no deals with suppliers where a particular product is promoted to the top in place of better products from other brands
- Mumsnet is the UK's busiest network for parents, generating over 37 million page impressions per month with over 200 local sites and a network of bloggers. It regularly campaigns on issues including support for families with SEN, improvements in miscarriage care and freedom of speech on the Internet.