-- Two-Factor Authentication Provides Secure Remote Access to Customers and Employees
PERNIS, Netherlands, June 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mizuho Trust & Banking (Luxembourg) S.A. (MHTBL), a subsidiary of the trust and banking arm of Mizuho Financial Group, is now using SafeNet's multi-factor authentication solutions to strengthen security and reduce costs. One of the largest Japanese financial services companies, Mizuho has implemented SafeNet's strong authentication solution, allowing for the creation of one-time password (OTP), two-factor authentication that provides secure remote access to the organization's most sensitive and confidential resources.
After evaluating several solutions, MHTBL found that SafeNet's solution offered strong security controls, required minimal management overhead expenses, and was easy to use for both clients and employees. In addition, SafeNet Authentication Manager Express was optimally aligned with the bank's infrastructure.
MHTBL has been able to realize several key benefits:
- Strengthened Security: Highly secure, one-time passwords are generated, which cannot be reused, hacked, or compromised. The password's two-factor authentication mechanism ensures that only properly authenticated users can access critical applications and data.
- Improved User Convenience: Users can quickly and easily obtain one-time passwords for accessing the services and applications they need, eliminating forgotten passwords and other login issues.
- Reduced Administration Effort: Through its automation of provisioning, the SafeNet solution substantially reduces the time and effort associated with supporting access administration, even across the company's geographically diverse employee and customer base.
- Cost Savings: Previously, MHTBL had to rely on a third-party agency to support provisioning and login. SafeNet's strong authentication solutions are automated and easy to use, and the bank no longer needs to rely on an external party, resulting in significant operational cost savings.
- Integration Flexibility: Through its support for open standards and a broad array of technologies, SafeNet is providing MHTBL with optimal integration flexibility. The bank is updating its current infrastructure, and the solution's broad interoperability will help ensure an efficient migration of authentication services into their new environment.
"With the SafeNet Authentication solution, we've been able to address the security gaps posed by static user names and passwords. At the same time, we've been able to improve convenience for end users, reduce administrative effort, and cut operational costs," said Michael Mariotti, vice president and head of IT services delivery section, information technology, Mizuho Trust & Banking (Luxembourg) S.A.
For more information about SafeNet's authentication solutions, visit www.safenet-inc.com/multi-factor-authentication.
About Mizuho Trust & Banking (Luxembourg) S.A.
Mizuho Trust & Banking (Luxembourg) S.A. (MHTBL) is a subsidiary of the Trust Banking arm of Mizuho Financial Group, which is one of the largest Japanese financial services companies. With more than 100 employees, and capital of $105 million (USD), MHTBL delivers fund administration, global custody and securities agency services.
About SafeNet, Inc.
Founded in 1983, SafeNet, Inc. is one of the largest information security companies in the world, and is trusted to protect the most sensitive data for market-leading organizations around the globe. SafeNet's data-centric approach focuses on the protection of high-value information throughout its lifecycle, from the data center to the cloud. More than 25,000 customers across commercial enterprises and government agencies trust SafeNet to protect and control access to sensitive data, manage risk, ensure compliance, and secure virtual and cloud environments. Learn more about SafeNet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+.
For more information:
SOURCE SafeNet, Inc.