SAN FRANCISCO, July 10, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global mHealth apps market size is expected to reach USD 236.0 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to expand at a CAGR of 44.7% during the forecast period. The market is majorly driven by increasing adoption of advanced technologies in healthcare facilities and the need to reduce long waiting periods to access healthcare facilities from specialists. Availability of mobile applications for users is witnessing a rapid growth, especially healthcare apps that assist consumers in self-management of disease, wellness, and chronic conditions. This increased role of patients coupled with the rising importance in staying updated and informed about their own healthcare decisions, contributing to the rise in adoption of mHealth apps globally.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Rapid growth in chronic diseases along with the rise in the number of app users is accountable for the mHealth apps market growth
- The types of mHealth apps include fitness, lifestyle management, nutrition and diet, women's health, medication adherence, healthcare providers, and disease management. Of these, the fitness category accounted for the majority of segment share in 2018
- mHealth app vendors are focusing their attention on women's health, diet, and medication reminders. According to Wired, a mobile advertising and analytics platform, women are more inclined toward tracking their health than men
- Physicians are increasingly recommending the use of mHealth apps to their patients, which is likely to increase the adoption rate of mHealth apps
- North America led the mhealth applications market in 2018 in terms of revenue share pertaining to the technological advancements and presence of major players in the region
- Some of the key players are Johnson & Johnson; Abbott Laboratories; AstraZeneca; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd; Novartis AG; GlaxoSmithKline plc; Merck and Co., Inc.; Pfizer; and Sanofi
Read 80 page research report with TOC on "mHealth Apps Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Fitness, Lifestyle Management, Nutrition & Diet, Women's Health, Medication Adherence, Healthcare Providers/Payers), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/mhealth-app-market
Healthcare industry has been transitioning towards a value-based care model with mHealth becoming a widespread trend owing to the advent of technologies such as remote monitoring, electronic medical record, and other communication platforms. The increasing prevalence of disorders, such as diabetes, hypertension, cancer, and obesity along with the growing awareness about wellness and other preventive measures diseases among patients is expected to boost the mHealth market growth.
mHealth leverages from the 4Ps: personalized, predictive, participatory, and preventive measures for care delivery to provide optimal care to users. Moreover, rising penetration of smartphones, and other electronic devices, especially, in low- and middle-income countries and increasing focus on the use of mobile technology to manage care delivery is anticipated to benefit the market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global mHealth apps market based on type and region:
- mHealth Apps Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Lifestyle Management
- Nutrition & Diet
- Women's Health
- Medication Adherence
- Healthcare Providers/ Payors
- Disease Management
- mHealth Apps Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Healthcare IT Industry, by Grand View Research:
- E-clinical Solution Software Market – Global E clinical solution software market is anticipated to show lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to increasing number of clinical research activities.
- High Content Screening Market – Global high content screening market is expected to witness lucrative market growth as a consequence of rising need for development of new drug molecules owing to presence of obsolete drug therapies with less potency.
- Immunoinformatics Market – Global immunoinformatics market is expected to witness lucrative growth owing to numerous applications with integration of computational and experimental approaches in handling abundant genome sequencing data of humans and organisms.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.