BRUSSELS, June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Shape an ideal path to reconstruction
Following FDA approval for the US market in April, Mentor, leading global manufacturer of the highest quality breast implants is proud to announce the availability of the CPX™4 Tissue Expander in the EMEA markets from June 12th 2013.
With three contoured shapes designed to accommodate patient needs, the CPX™4 Expander continues the heritage of the CPX™ Family of Tissue Expanders with three new developments, designed for safety, patient comfort, and ease‐of‐use:
1) Softer, more flexible BufferZone™ Self‐Sealing Patch for enhanced patient comfort.
2) Directionally focused expansion for a more natural breast appearance.
3) Unmatched safety features for greater procedural confidence.
The launch of the CPX™4 Tissue Expander in EMEA means that patients in these markets will now benefit from the trusted and proven proprietary BufferZone™ Self‐Sealing Patch and the posterior Dacron® Patch* which focus the expansion toward the lower pole of the breast to maximize lower pole projection and minimize undesired shape distortion.
In addition, health care professionals will appreciate the more pliant proprietary BufferZone™ Patch, smooth injection dome and enhanced shell pliability which ensure easier device insertion and removal.
With patient safety a key priority, the proprietary BufferZone™ Self‐Sealing Patch has at least 1.5 times - and at most 5.7 times - the surface area of the injection dome, reducing the risk of device leakage from inadvertent needle puncture.
Further safety and comfort features include:
• The MENTOR® Centerscope™ Magnetic Detection Device which clearly indicates the optimal location of the fill port on the patient's skin.
• Optional suture tabs offer additional stability for better positional control and symmetry in bilateral breast reconstruction.
• The patented SILTEX™ Texture shell which provides a disruptive surface for collagen interface and creates a surface substantially free of pores and interstices to prevent pooling or sequestration of body fluids.
• Optional suturing tabs at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions of MENTOR® Tissue Expanders‡ which allow for left to right alignment during expander placement. A tab at the 6 o'clock position allows fixation at the inferior pole of the expander to help define and control the location of the reconstructed Inframammary fold.
The CPX™4 Tissue Expander with enhanced safety, patient comfort, and ease‐of‐use features will be available in EMEA from June 12th 2013.
For more information on reconstruction possibilities, visit the website http://www.mentorwwllc.eu
*Dacron is a registered trademark of Invista, Inc.
‡ Suture tabs available on CPX™4with Suture Tabs Tissue Expander.
About Mentor Worldwide LLC
Founded in 1969, Mentor Worldwide LLC is a leading supplier of medical products for the global aesthetic medicine market. The Company develops, manufactures and markets innovative, science-based products for aesthetics markets around the world. Our commitment to the surgeons and patients who use our products is to provide the highest standard of quality, proven safe and effective clinical outcomes and differentiated service, every day. This is at the core of who we are as the leader in breast aesthetics, built upon our 50 year dedication and our long term commitment to advance plastic surgery to restore body and life. Headquartered in Santa Barbara, California, Mentor has manufacturing and research operations in the United States, Mauritius, and the Netherlands.
SOURCE Mentor Worldwide LLC