LONDON and TEL AVIV, Israel, March 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Matomy Media Group Ltd. (LSE: MTMY, TASE: MTMY.TA) ("Matomy" or the "Company"), a global media technology company, today announced its financial results for the twelve-month period ended December 31, 2016. Revenues for 2016 were $276.6 million on a GAAP basis, an increase of 2.1% compared to the twelve months ended December 31, 2015. Following increased investment in product development, R&D, sales and marketing, adjusted EBITDA was $17.1 million, compared with $25.7 million in 2015. The full results are available in Matomy's interim report, accessible at investors.matomy.com.
Ofer Druker, Chief Executive Officer of Matomy, said, "The best companies evolve with their industry. We spent the past year bolstering our proprietary technology and data-driven capabilities to strengthen our world leading marketing technology platforms. In 2016 Matomy underwent a transition with the goal of maximizing today's technologies in preparation for tomorrow's opportunities."
Non-executive Chairman Harel Beit-On commented, "As the advertising industry continues to mature so must Matomy. In order to do so, we made the strategic decision to invest in order to improve. We expanded our mobile, video and programmatic offerings, strengthened our data-driven capabilities and widened our reach in the Asian-Pacific market. Matomy is now positioned to leverage superior technology and a global market in order to drive our current and future revenue. We look forward to seeing the return on our investments in 2017."
Matomy Media Group earnings were within the guidance issued in July 2016.
Business and operating highlights include:
A year of transition marked by investment in data-driven technologies, with continued focus around superior proprietary Video, Mobile and other Programmatic solutions
- Investments in product development resulted in:
- Launch of myDSP, a data-driven, mobile self-serve demand side platform (DSP) in September
- Launch of mtmy, a full-service data-driven advertising agency in July, providing cross channel optimization with focus on social, search and programmatic.
- Enhancement of the company's central data management platform (DMP).
- Matomy established offices in China and South Korea in April 2016 to access the fast-growing APAC market.
- In 2016, revenues generated from activity in Asia increased 56% to 17.9 million (2015: $11.5 million).
- Matomy shifted activity from the waning desktop display advertising format, and toward Video, Mobile and Native based advertising, with the following results:
- In 2016, revenues generated from video activity increased 55% to $111.9 million (2015: $72.3 million).
- 2016 revenues generated from aggregate programmatic advertising activity across all media channels increased 30% and accounted for approximately 79% of Matomy's 2016 revenues.
- 2016 revenues generated from mobile in app activity (Mobfox) increased approximately 104% to $36.6 million (2015: $17.9 million).
- 2016 revenues generated from domain monetization increased 17% to $63.3 million (2015: $54.3 million.
- In 2016, Research and development expenses increased by $4.7 million, or 60%, to $12.6 million (FY2015: $7.9 million).
- In 2016, Sales and marketing expenses increased by $4.4 million, or 17%, to $30.6 million (FY2015: $26.2 million).
A copy of this announcement will be available on the Matomy website, www.Matomy.com, today from 7.00am GMT.
Matomy will host an analyst conference call at [14:00 BST / 10:00 EDT Monday 27 March 2017 ] to discuss these results. For more information visit on http://investors.matomy.com/rns.aspx
Matomy Media Group Ltd. (LSE: MTMY, TASE: MTMY.TA) is a world-leading media company with smarter technology and a personalized approach to advertising. By providing customized performance and programmatic solutions supported by internal media capabilities, big data analytics, and optimization technology, Matomy empowers advertising and media partners to meet their evolving growth-driven goals. Matomy's programmatic platforms include the MobFox SSP, the video advertising platform Optimatic, and the mobile demand side platform myDSP. Matomy's data-driven mobile advertising agency, mtmy, is fueled by an in-house Data Management Platform (DMP), and offers a fully-managed service across channels including video, native, social, email and search. Founded in 2007 with headquarters in Tel Aviv and 11 offices around the world, Matomy is dual-listed on the London and Tel Aviv Stock Exchanges. Learn more about Matomy at http://www.matomy.com.
For more information:
Some statements in this announcement are forward-looking. They represent expectations for Matomy's businesses or share trading, and involve risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and projections about future events, and Matomy believes that current expectations and assumptions with respect to these forward-looking statements are reasonable. However, because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties may exist in some cases beyond the control of Matomy, actual results or performance may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements.
Matomy Media Group
Lipaz Kloper, Head of Investor Relations