GURUGRAM, India, Sept. 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
- The Eleventh Malaysia Plan by government for the period 2016-2020, is aimed at development of all the sectors driving the economy of the country such as services sector, manufacturing sector and others. It also focuses on improvement of logistics infrastructure in the country.
- West Port, the newest port area in Port Klang, plans to increase its capacity by 50 per cent to 30 million TEUs per annum by 2040. The development of container terminals 10 to 19 is expected to be finished by the end of 2019.
- Digital Free Trade Zone (DFTZ) will go on to boost the e-commerce sector in Southeast Asia. The hub is to be launched by 2019 with centralized customs, warehousing and fulfillment functions.
Increasing Investment in Infrastructure and Human Capital: The government is continuously investing into infrastructure projects such as port upgrades and expansion, road networks, advanced information technology (IT) system, all of which needed strong commitment and collaboration with the private sector. It is also focusing on the training of more skilled workers and professionals, local Malaysians - who are the backbone of the logistics industry. They are fostering closer collaboration between training providers, logistics associations and industry players to develop industry relevant training programmes.
Increasing E-Commerce Growth in Malaysia: The launch of Digital Free Trade Zone in Malaysia will provide a boost to Malaysia's National eCommerce Strategic Roadmap (2016), which aims to double the nation's e-commerce growth and increase the GDP contribution to MYR 211 billion (approximately USD 47.7 billion) by year 2020. It will facilitate seamless cross-border trade and enable local businesses to export their goods with a priority for eCommerce. DFTZ will provide physical and virtual zones to facilitate SMEs to capitalise on the convergence of exponential growth of the internet economy and cross-border eCommerce activities.
Encouraging Trade with ASEAN countries and China: The establishment of ASEAN Economic Community in the year 2015 was aimed at improving the trade scenario in the region by freeing up the movement of people and goods across the bloc. The Blueprint for 2025 adopted by ASEAN leaders at 27th ASEAN Summit in 2015 will help in facilitating the utilization of ASEAN Trade in Goods Agreement and allow liberalization of logistics services across the nations including Malaysia.
The Belt and Road Initiative by China has also triggered the development of trade between the neighboring countries, thus giving the boost to logistics industry in Malaysia.
Analysts at Ken Research in their latest publication "Malaysia Logistics Market Outlook to 2023 – By Air Freight (Cargo Throughput, Domestic and International Freight, Freight Cost, Flow Corridor), By Sea Freight (International and Domestic, Throughput by Ports and Products, Flow Corridor, Freight Cost), Land Freight (Domestic and International, Freight Revenue), Contract Logistics; By Warehousing (Industrial / Retail, Container Freight / Inland Container Depot and Cold Storage) and By Courier, Express and Parcel" believe that the logistics industry is in its growth stage and is projected to expand in future through increasing government investment to improve the nation's infrastructure and rising demand for cold chain solutions to meet the consumption requirement of growing population. Thus, the market is expected to register a positive CAGR of 9.3% in terms of revenue during the forecast period of 2018-2023.
Key Segments Covered:
- Logistics and Warehousing:
- By Service Mix (Freight Forwarding, Warehousing and Courier and Parcel Activities)
- Freight Forwarding:
- By Mode of Service (Land Freight, Sea Freight and Air Freight)
- By Mode of Freight (Domestic and International Freight Forwarding)
- By Flow Corridors (Asian Countries, North American Countries, European Countries and Others)
- By End Users (Food and Beverages, Automotive, Manufacturing and Others)
- By Third Party Logistics and Integrated Logistics
- Courier and Parcel:
- By Air and Ground Express
- By Domestic and International Shipments
- By Delivery Period (One Day Delivery, Two Day Delivery, Three Day Delivery and More than Three Day Delivery)
- By Intra City and Inter City
- By Market Structure (B2B, B2C and C2C Segments)
- By Region (Central, Southern, Northern, Eastern Coast & East Malaysia)
- By Onshore and Offshore Shipments
- By Delivery Period (Same Day Delivery, Next Day Delivery, Two Day and More than Two Day Delivery)
- By Area of Delivery (Intracity and Intercity Shipments)
- Third Party Logistics:
- By Service Mix (Freight Forwarding and Warehousing)
- By Business Model (Industrial/Retail, Container Freight/Inland Container Depot and Cold Storage)
- By Geography (Central, Southern, Northern and Eastern Coast & East Malaysia)
- By Type of Warehouses (Closed Warehouses and Open Yards)
- By Third Party Logistics and Integrated Logistics
- By End Users (Food and Beverages, Manufacturing, Automotive, Consumer Retail and Others)
- Cold Chain:
- By Cold Storage and Cold Transport
Key Target Audience
- Logistics Companies
- Warehousing Companies
- Cold Chain Companies
- Courier and Parcel Companies
- Express Logistics Companies
- E-Commerce Logistics Companies
- E-Commerce Companies
- Logistics Association
- Government Association
- Investors and Private Equity Companies
Time Period Captured in the Report:
- Historical Period: 2013-2018
- Forecast Period: 2019-2023
- Freight Forwarding and Warehousing Market:
- Kuehne + Nagel
- Tiong Nam Logistics
- TASCO Berhad
- CEVA Logistics
- DB Schenker
- Agility Logistics
- CJ Logistics
- POS Malaysia
- Nippon Express
- Courier and Parcel Market:
- POS Malaysia
- GD Express
- E-Commerce Logistics Market:
- Lazada Express
- Ninja Van
- POS Logistics
- DHL eCommerce
- The Lorry
- ABX Express
- J&T Express
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Executive Summary
- Research Methodology
- Logistics Infrastructure in Malaysia Logistics Market
- Cross Comparison of Malaysia Logistics and Warehousing Market with Other Countries
- Value Chain Analysis for Malaysia Logistics Market
- Malaysia Logistics and Warehousing Market
- Malaysia Freight Forwarding Market
- Malaysia Warehousing Market
- Malaysia Courier and Parcel Market
- Malaysia E-Commerce Logistics Market
- Malaysia Third Party Logistics (3PL) Market
- Malaysia Cold Chain Market
- Company Profiles of Major Players in Malaysia Logistics and Warehousing Market
- Trade Scenario in Malaysia Logistics and Warehousing Market
- Industry Norms and Regulations in Malaysia Logistics and Warehousing Market
- Trends and Developments in Malaysia Logistics and Warehousing Market
- Issues and Challenges in Malaysia Logistics Market
- SWOT Analysis for Malaysia Logistics and Warehousing Market
- Matrix of Major Players in Malaysia Logistics Market
- Malaysia Logistics and Warehousing Market Future Outlook and Projections
- Analyst Recommendations for Malaysia Logistics and Warehousing Market
For more information on the market research report, please refer to the below link:
Other Related Reports:
Philippines Logistics and Warehousing Market Outlook to 2024 - By Freight Forwarding (Air, Sea, Land), Domestic and International Freight Flow Corridor; By Warehousing (Industrial/Retail Freight, Container Freight, Cold Storage, Agriculture and Others), Express and E-commerce Logistics, Balikbayan Box, Third Party Logistics
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the logistics market of Philippines. The report also covers logistics infrastructure in the country, value chain analysis of the market, the overall market size in terms of revenue; segmentation by service mix for logistics and warehousing market; segmentation by mode of service, mode of transport, flow corridors, mode of freight, type of delivery, owned and rented logistics services for freight forwarding market; segmentation by mode of transport, delivery type and business model for express logistics market; segmentation by channel, by time duration, by area of delivery and by payment method for e-commerce logistics market; segmentation by market for third party logistics market; segmentation by end users, domestic and international companies, business model and owned and rented warehouses for warehousing market; segmentation by seasonal demand for balikbayan box market; market drivers and trends, regulatory scenario, issues and challenges, SWOT analysis and company profiles. The report concludes with market projection for future markets described above and analyst recommendations highlighting the major opportunities and cautions.
The report covers logistics infrastructure, value chain analysis, the overall market size in terms of revenue; segmentation by service mix for logistics and warehousing market, segmentation by mode of service, mode of freight, flow corridors, end users, third party logistics and integrated logistics for freight forwarding market; segmentation by air and ground express, domestic and international shipments, delivery period, intra city and inter-city shipments, market structure, region and offshore & on-shore shipments for courier and parcel market; segmentation by delivery period for e-commerce logistics market; segmentation by service mix for third party logistics market; segmentation by business model, geography, type of warehouses, third party logistics & integrated logistics and end users for warehousing market; segmentation by cold storage & cold transport and products for cold chain market; industry norms and regulations, trends and developments, issues and challenges, recent mergers and acquisitions, matrix of major companies, competitive scenario, company profiles and cross comparison with other logistics markets. The report concludes with market projection and analyst recommendations highlighting the major opportunities and cautions for the logistics market.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of logistics and warehousing services in Vietnam. The report focuses on Vietnam freight forwarding market by normal and express delivery, by freight movement (sea freight, road freight, air freight and rail freight), by international and domestic freight forwarding and by flow corridors (Asia Countries, European Countries, American and African Countries); Vietnam warehousing market by number of warehouses (Southern Vietnam and other regions), by end users (retail, electronic devices, textile and footwear, wooden products and others), by international and domestic companies and by business model (industrial freight/retail, container freight, cold storage, agriculture and others). The report further provides insight on Vietnam express delivery market by international and domestic express, by air and ground express and by market structure (B2C, B2B and B2C) along e-commerce logistics business by channel (3PL companies and e-commerce merchants), by speed of delivery (2 day delivery, 1 day delivery, same day delivery, within 2 hours and delivery beyond 2 days), by area of delivery (intercity and intracity) and by payment method (cash on delivery and others). The report provides statistics on Vietnam 3PL market by freight forwarding and warehousing and by international and domestic companies.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of logistics and warehousing services in the Thailand. The report focuses on overall market size for logistics and warehousing in the Thailand, Thailand freight forwarding market size, market segmentation by Freight movement (road transport, sea transport and air transport), by international freight and domestic freight, by flow corridors (Asia flow corridor, Thailand- Europe flow corridor, Thailand- Asia Flow corridor and Others) by international and domestic companies; By Thailand express delivery, Thailand express delivery market segmentation by International and domestic, by air and ground and by B2B, B2C and C2C Sales; By Thailand E- commerce logistics , Thailand E- commerce logistic market segmentation by channel ( 3PL companies, E-commerce merchants), by speed of delivery (1 day delivery and 2 day delivery), by area of delivery (Intra-city segment and Inter- city segment) and by payment method ( cash on delivery and online payment); Thailand Warehousing Market size, Thailand warehousing market segmentation by Provinces (Samutprakarn province, Chonburi province, Ayyuthaya province and others), by business model (Industrial/retail freight, Container freight, Cold storage segment and Agriculture and other) and by end- users (FMCG sector, automotive sector and electronics sector). The report also covers the overall competitive landscape; government role and regulations, SWOT analysis, growth drivers, trends and developments. The report concludes with market projection for future and analyst recommendations highlighting the major opportunities and cautions.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Logistics & Warehousing market in Singapore. The report covers various aspects such as overall size of Singapore logistics & warehousing market in terms of value, segmentation on the basis of Service mix, by geography, by industries, Freight forwarding, warehousing, cold chain, 3PL market size and express logistics market. The report also covers value chain analysis for logistics & warehousing market, comparative analysis of Singapore logistics market with APAC countries and global logistics market. The report also covers the competitive landscape of the industry, competitive benchmarking of major players and comprehensive profile of leading and emerging players operating in the market. The report also includes future outlook and projection of the Singapore logistics & warehousing market, freight forwarding market, cold chain market, warehousing market, 3 PL market and express logistics market. Major macroeconomic indicators and upcoming projects affecting the market have also been highlighted in the report. The report also serves as a benchmark for every new player which is seeking to enter into Logistics & warehousing market in Singapore what should be the focus and USP for that new player.
The report which provides a comprehensive analysis of the Logistics & Warehousing market in South Korea. The report covers various aspects such as overall size of South Korea logistics & warehousing, freight forwarding, warehousing, cold chain, 3PL, express market in terms of value, segmentation on the basis of service mix, by geography and by type of industries. The report also covers value chain analysis for logistics & warehousing market, comparative analysis of South Korea logistics market with Asia and global logistics market. The report also covers the competitive landscape of the industry and comprehensive profile of leading and emerging players operating in the market. The report includes future outlook and projections of the South Korea logistics & warehousing market, freight forwarding market, cold chain market, warehousing market, 3PL market and express logistics market.
The research report provides a comprehensive analysis of the logistics and warehousing services market in Australia. The report covers aspects such as the market size of the Australia logistics and Warehousing Services, market segmentation on the basis of type service mix and geography. The report also covers the competitive landscape, government regulations, customer preferences, and value chain analysis of the Australia Logistics and Warehousing Market. In addition to this, the report also covers company profiles and product portfolio of major players. This report will help industry consultants, catering service providers, retail chains, potential entrants and other stakeholders to align their market centric strategies according to the ongoing and expected trends in the future.
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing
Ken Research Private Limited
SOURCE Ken Research