SAN FRANCISCO, February 26, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global lubricants market size is expected to reach USD 166.25 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a 3.8% CAGR during the forecast period. Increasing demand for a diverse, innovative grade of lubricants for industrial as well as automotive applications is expected to drive growth.
With the expansion of the passenger vehicles segment, there has been a rise in demand for high-quality automotive lubricants with better fuel efficiency and lower emissions. Government schemes in emerging economies, such as the "Make in India" program initiated by the Indian government, have attracted high foreign investments across the automotive industry. This has further boosted demand for lubricants.
Stable base oil production across regions has stimulated feedstock security among blenders in the recent past. Stable supply would thereby address profitability concerns of manufacturers, thereby positively influencing industry competition. Moreover, recovering end-use industries are likely to drive sales of lubricating oil, which is slated to provide equilibrium to the supply-demand scenario.
In addition, high growth in the base oil market, rapid industrialization, burgeoning population and urbanization, and high growth in major end-use industries such as textiles, chemicals, food processing, and metalworking are some other factors driving industry growth.
Industrial engine oils are being utilized in a wide array of applications owing to their exceptional inherent characteristics. These oils are designed to offset rising fuel and operating costs. They have a lower coefficient of friction, which helps in saving fuel and at the same time, keeps the engine clean for maximum combustion efficiency. These oils also help in keeping ports, piston, crankcase, and filters clean for a longer duration.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Lubricants Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Industrial, Automotive, Marine, Aerospace), By Region (North America, Europe, APAC, CSA, MEA), Competitive Landscape, And Segment Forecast, 2014 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/lubricants-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The global lubricants consumption was estimated at over 40 million tons in 2016, and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 2.8% from 2017 to 2025
- The aerospace industry is projected to witness a high growth rate owing to rapidly increasing air passenger traffic along with rising defense spending across emerging economies
- Regulatory sanctions on conventional lubricating oils on account of their detrimental environmental impact have led to rapid utilization of bio-based alternatives in recent years
- Development of low-viscosity products for wind turbines owing to increasing awareness regarding long-term benefits of wind energy is another factor driving industry growth
- The industry is highly fragmented in nature owing to presence of a large number of participants
- Several manufacturers such as Fuchs Group; Valvoline; and Amsoil Inc. are strategically expanding their operations in emerging nations. These companies have tie-ups with large oil and gas multinationals to suffice their raw material requirements
- Lubricant manufacturers such as Total and Castrol are venturing into exclusive agreements with Tata Motors and other companies to expand their reach.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Phenol Market - Rising crude oil prices is increasing the demand for epoxy resins which are used for wind turbine power generators is expected to further drive the growth of this market.
- Offshore Lubricants Market - The Global offshore lubricants market size was 98.81 kilo tons in 2014.
- Polymer Modified Bitumen Market - The Global polymer modified bitumen (PMB) market size was estimated at USD 7.67 billion in 2014 and is expected to witness significant growth.
- Succinic Acid Market - The global succinic acid market size was estimated at 47.5 kilo tons in 2014.
Grand View Research has segmented the global lubricants market on the basis of application and region:
- Lubricants Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Process oils
- General industrial oils
- Metalworking fluids
- Industrial engine oils
- Engine oils
- Gear oils
- Transmission fluids
- Brake fluids
- Engine oil
- Hydraulic oil
- Gear oil
- Turbine oil
- Gas turbine oils
- Piston engine oils
- Hydraulic fluids
- Lubricants Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central and South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/bulk-chemicals
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.